Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Enthusiast
xperiaz

stamina mode?

Hi, i got the xperia z recently. Have noticed that at times the stamina mode doesnt work properly. When you toggle between it the battery life doesnt change. I then have to reset the phone post which it works fine. This has happened 3 times in the last 5 days.Does anyone know how to fix?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: stamina mode?

could you elaborate? do you mean that it doesn't turn on ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
xperiaz

No. I mean i can switch it on & off however when i switch it on, it makes no difference to the estimated battery time left. However if i master reset the phone, then it turns back to normal which means - It does show a difference in the battery time when i switch it on & vice versa.

Aky
One time poster
Aky

Well everyone is facing the same problem. Right now there isn't any permanent solution for same. Even I tried reseting my phone twice, after which stamina mode will work fine for few days and same problem will be back. Well I can't afford to loose my data( reinstalling all apps, even though I take backup) and reseting my phone everytime.

Hope Sony will solve this problem in next update. Till then bear with it. :smileyplain:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that's odd it works for me, it changes from 2days to 4days on standby, which build number do you have?

@aky have you repaired your phone with PCC or SUS?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Screenshot_2013-03-19-08-23-53.png

Screenshot_2013-03-19-08-24-00.png

Enthusiast
xperiaz

i havent taken my phone to repair anywhere but i plan to this saturday as on a full charge now it hardly shows a standby time of 20 hrs which is scary!

Enthusiast
xperiaz

Yes even i lost my data thrice doing a master reset. However if you are facing the same issue how do you manage the battery life. It just gives me 20 hrs of standby time on a full charge.

Enthusiast
xperiaz

You are lucky that it works fine for you, when i reset my phone i also have no problems for at least a day but then it switches back to the same problem

Aky
One time poster
Aky

Yeah I did SUS but like I mentioned earlier, stamina mode was working fine for few days after reseting and SUS (here I tried both solution).