Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Enthusiast
xperiaz

stamina mode?

Hi, i got the xperia z recently. Have noticed that at times the stamina mode doesnt work properly. When you toggle between it the battery life doesnt change. I then have to reset the phone post which it works fine. This has happened 3 times in the last 5 days.Does anyone know how to fix?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: stamina mode?

could you elaborate? do you mean that it doesn't turn on ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
xperiaz

No. I mean i can switch it on & off however when i switch it on, it makes no difference to the estimated battery time left. However if i master reset the phone, then it turns back to normal which means - It does show a difference in the battery time when i switch it on & vice versa.

Aky
One time poster
Aky

Well everyone is facing the same problem. Right now there isn't any permanent solution for same. Even I tried reseting my phone twice, after which stamina mode will work fine for few days and same problem will be back. Well I can't afford to loose my data( reinstalling all apps, even though I take backup) and reseting my phone everytime.

Hope Sony will solve this problem in next update. Till then bear with it. :smileyplain:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that's odd it works for me, it changes from 2days to 4days on standby, which build number do you have?

@aky have you repaired your phone with PCC or SUS?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Screenshot_2013-03-19-08-23-53.png

Screenshot_2013-03-19-08-24-00.png

Enthusiast
xperiaz

i havent taken my phone to repair anywhere but i plan to this saturday as on a full charge now it hardly shows a standby time of 20 hrs which is scary!

Enthusiast
xperiaz

Yes even i lost my data thrice doing a master reset. However if you are facing the same issue how do you manage the battery life. It just gives me 20 hrs of standby time on a full charge.

Enthusiast
xperiaz

You are lucky that it works fine for you, when i reset my phone i also have no problems for at least a day but then it switches back to the same problem

Aky
One time poster
Aky

Yeah I did SUS but like I mentioned earlier, stamina mode was working fine for few days after reseting and SUS (here I tried both solution).