Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
ogunahmet

my xperia z touch screen broken down

2013-04-14-2748.jpg s2013-04-14-2747.jpg

I bought xperia z last week,ı really want this phone and ı bought but ın 14.04.2013 my xZ dropped my hand and screen ıs broken down.but screen did not break in xperia z touch screen broken down not work then ı went sony Tr warranty, ı paid this phone 1849 Turkish Liras then they did not solve my problem and want much money this screen they said that '' its personal problem ıts cost much nearly 750 tl what should I do? you know IN xperia z advertisement said not broken screen and its strong but ıf ıts strong ? whats this.. I m very sad to this problem.please be attention.and sony warranty service not help me just go there place,or there place . I m really aggrieved this problem.

Genius
GeoffH

Re: my xperia z touch screen broken down

that looks like an impact on a single sharp/pointed structure probably the worst sort of impact you could have as all the energy will be placed in a small area - I am sorry for your misfortune but do you really expect Sony to pay for a repair that was caused by you mishandling the phone - they have no idea whether you droped it for a 2nd floor window or from 3 feet

The only thing you can hope for is a good will gesture or claim under your home insurance or take out phone insurance that covers accident

there are several companies already offering repair service and parts supply - but the screen assembly is extremely expensive to buy - 50%  of cost of phone - I'd expect this to come down in price over time

The screen assembly is very strong as it has 3x layers and is made from extremely hard glass - I've seen a video of an EZ being run over by a car and it was fine after

- you have choices but none are easy

The first thing I did with my EZ was fit a cover to protect it

Trustee
Nessa

Sadly, the warranty does not cover any physical damage. The repair center might offer you out-of-warranty repair options in this case if you are willing to pay for the repair costs.

One time poster
ogunahmet

yes ı know but ın  http://www.sonymobile.com/tr/products/phones/xperia-z/  '' XPeria Z unbreakable' what can I do?

One time poster
Arjun

There is no phone in this world that will survive if it falls on it screen from a sustantial height the screen is bound to get cracked as in your case i think it fell on some pointy object that broke it. So no phone is unbreakable. For getting a new screen please reder to http://rounded.com/sony-xperia-z-l36h-scherm-full-module-lcd--touchpanel-black-en.html it costs 165 euros

Visitor
artkalyp

check this options, this will be the easiest option to replace the broken touch, Click here

Trustee
Nessa

Actually the screen is scratch-resistant, but this is not a scratch. The shatter-proof sheet will prevent the glass from shattering if it breaks, but it does not mean that is unbreakable.

One time poster
anishshetty.81@gmail.com

have u repaired your phone..?? how much cost..?

One time poster
ogunahmet

yes I repaired..ıts cost 420$  ın turkey :smileysad:

One time poster
anishshetty.81@gmail.com

have u replaced your phone or repaired?