Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Learner
gem71

experia z not charging and red light flash when trying to switch on

[ Edited ]

hi need some advice have experia z and the charger stop charging it and when i pressed on button it flashed 3 time but would not switch on so sent it back to phones 4 u who have got back to me and sent the pins in the usb and bent which has put pressure on motherboard and is basically down to me i was shocked at this as i know its an expensive phone and have looked after it i was shocked as ive only had it around 4 months the said for me to send it of to sony and if sony say that its down to me then there is nothing i can do but if its a fault they will replace as its beyond repair im at a loss of what to thinking of contacting trading standards 

wondered if any one had any suggestions on what to do

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: experia z not charging and red light flash when trying to switch on

They will have to replace the motherboard and that will cost almost as much as a new phone. An option will be to buy the dock and that way you can charge your phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

Sorry to hear about your phone.

A service location needs to investigate the problem in your phone to say for sure but from what you're describing the problem is not covered by our warranty. A service location may be able to fix it for you but it might cost if it's not covered by warranty.

It might still be possible to charge the phone using DK26 (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/charging-dock-dk26/) as this doesn't use the USB-port for charging.

Learner
gem71

Having to send it to sony for them to take a look see what happens after

Wondered about the charging cradle will it work even if they say the motherboard has been by the charging pins