Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Mulholland1
Accepted Solution

Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

Hi guys last night I drained my battery on my Xperia Z because I was a whole day out and got in at my cousins house around 4am and he had no chargers. So my battery went flat...came home about 30mins ago, I plugged the charger and nothing is happening.

The phone is not charging, the led light is not coming on, the screen neither.

I'm a little bit worried now, as I still have left it on charge and when I press the power button the LED red light comes on, but nothing is happening.

Anyone knows what the problem is? I'm scared it's dead ://

Genius
GeoffH

Re: Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

known issue - leave it plugged in for as long as possible with red led on - then try booting up in a few hours then charge as normal

One time poster
Mulholland1

I forgot to add that the red light only comes on if I push the power button...and it goes off again when I release my finger.

One time poster
Mulholland1

Ahh finally it switched on! :smileyhappy:

It didn't switch on ever after an hour and a half of charging, not even the LED light. All I did is I tried pressing the power button and switching off and back on the power socket from the wall and it came on :smileyhappy: Thanks GEOFF.

Genius
GeoffH

I am so happy that worked out - it's a difficult situation that sony need to address

nice avatar btw :smileywink:

One time poster
Mulholland1

Thanks Geoff :smileyhappy: yeah she's not my girlfriend but I kissed her a few times there and then hahahaha

One time poster
abhussien

mulholland my xperia wont turn on. how long did you charge your phone?

One time poster
Mulholland1

Leave it for 30 mins, then try and switch it on. Should work...

One time poster
laguna130

Wondered if anyone can help, my Sony Xperia Z ran out of battery whilst i was out today, put it on charge and pushed the power button and wont turn on, i have had it on charge about 1 hour and 30 mins and still no life, all i am getting is a red light only when the charger is in is this a fault or will it rectify itself if left on charge? 

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

If it has run completely flat this can be quite normal. If however you get no response after about 2 hours, please press and hold the volume down and power buttons until you feel the phone vibrate once.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.