Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
mohdab

Xperia Z water resistance

Thans so much for your better support now , Now i can trust sony again , I have one more question please about the water resistance of the xperia z , will it support the water of the sea ( Because of the salt in the water of the sea) as well as it supports the freash water ?? With sea water will the lasting be the same?? Of course with low jets because I know with very strong jets You are not responsible for that , Thanks dear , and one more question please , will jellybean support move to sd card on xperia e or j when released??

Trustee
Jeff

Re: Xperia Z water resistance

The standards for water resistance only apply to fresh water, we wouldn't suggest you immerse your phone in sea-water.

Can you rephrase your Jellybean question? I'm not sure what you are asking.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@Jeff I think mohdab is asking if we can move the apps to the SD card or just the internal memory just like the Xperia J, Xperia T/TL

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Anthow

Actually, it would be very strange if the Z couldn't resist to sea water : as it is water and dust resistant, and as sea water is just something like salt water...

The only trick is : if the Xperia Z falls into sea water, you would just have not to let it become dry and last : salt would in the long term hurt some plastic part. So you would just have to rinse it with clear water and it would be like if it would have just fell into clear water ^^

Remember : the only problem with salt water is when you don't rinse your phone. It is some physics :smileywink:

(And sorry if i use some kind of strange english :smileyplain: )

Anyway, the warranty won't work for salt water damage ^^

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the Xperia Z it's water resistant not waterproof, also sea water it's a lot more corrosive than water or rain (even if it's acid rain :smileysilly: )

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
slav_k

What would happen if phone falls in bawl of soup or in the toilet??? Would it be covered by warranty?

Some physics for you chaps:

Salt water is heavier then fresh water, that mean that on 1 meter depths phone will be exposed to different, higher pressure, so be careful going deep in salt water.

...and always give it a good rinse with fresh water, because as salt water dries it leaves tiny salt crystals which within a time could damage your waterproof sealing and get underneath physical buttons which could lead to malfunction. 

Hope it helps to decide where you gonna swim with it, whether its going to be sea, river, bawl of soup or elsewhere.

One time poster
Raffone90

My has been water logged.. i just got back from overseas and I didnt have the resources to fix it whilst away.. i dont care so much about the phone itself, warrenty or not but I need to recover the data. My phone will not connect to my computer. Is there any software I can download so i can retreive the data even if it wont turn on?