Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Davonia

Xperia Z dead

I've nnly had my Xperia Z a day and it's totally dead. I had a full charge last time I looked and was using it about 5 minutes ago. No reaction trying to turn it back on (holding the power button for 10 seconds etc). I don't have a memory card in - just the micro-sim.

Anyone had the same? any suggestions?

One time poster
Davonia

Re: Xperia Z dead

thanks to the thread of Budinho and his Xperia Z Charging Issue, I have managed to turn the device back on (hold down power and volume for 10 seconds) - but it does look like there's a serious problem here.

Advicer
Imraneo

I bought this phone 4 days ago and have encountered this exact problem twice already.

This indeed looks like a serious problem. I hope theres something done about this.

Adept
zeefung

Is this the same as the Xperia V Sleep-to-Death issue? In my Xperia V I can pull out the battery in order to revive the phone (but not any other ways), but I would guess the Xperia Z having embedded battery would have to use some other ways...

One time poster
Davonia

Thanks for the comments Imraneo and zeefung. I had expected someone from Sony would monitor these messages and post some sort of comment - even if they just acknowledged they were aware this happens.

It would be easy to see some people get really worried if this happend to them as it looks like the phone is broken

Advicer
Imraneo

Oh great... Now I've encountered my third instance...

There are more people having as well, according to here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38772194

I hope Sony looks into it..

Learner
rusticguy

Never buy sony on launch. They are insanely expensive and fraught with all sorts of problem. Buy 6 months after release date and it would be selling for 40% less (see Xperia TX on ebay) :smileyhappy:

Advicer
Kregore

Today I got this 3 times (to a total of 7) since I reinstalled/repaired the software using the Update Service.

One time poster
robert.lipowski@hotmail.com

My XZ (black) is ok but my girlfriend white one died 3 times today. If problem come back again it will send it back.

One time poster
jooso

rusticguy wrote:

Never buy sony on launch. They are insanely expensive and fraught with all sorts of problem. Buy 6 months after release date and it would be selling for 40% less (see Xperia TX on ebay)

This :smileyhappy:

Sony smartphones prices seem to sink way faster than equivalent models from Samsung or HTC.