Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Learner
Mahmudf

Xperia Z Water Damage

Hi, i bought my phone from Vodafone TR with contract and was happy with it until last week... I was swimming in the pool last week and taking my friends photos with my xperia z, i checked the flaps 3 times before getting in the pool because the excitement of swim in the pool with a phone. It was the first time for xperia z to be in the water too. Anyway, after a 10 minutes o use and an hour waiting in the side of pool i discovered later my phone's back camera was fullfilled with vapour, phone's volume is getting high or low without touch the anything, power button was not working but sometimes when i clicked the volume up button it was bringing power off screen-take a screenshot menu. I couldn't pull down the notification center. Sometimes screen was getting my single touch as a very fast three or four click on the different areas of the screen. Then when i saw the turned red water indicator on the side of headphone jack i was scared. I opened the other flips; charging port and micro usb port was good, there was no red indicator, all them were white. After this happened to me, i take my device to the service centre named Teleservis which is the only authorised service brand for Vodafone TR in Turkey. Actually Vodafone Turkey is dealing with Brightstar and the Brightstar is only dealing as service center with Teleservis. They refused to give service to my device because of the red water indicator, they said we can't do anything and they are reported they are going the replace the whole phone if i'm going to pay 1400 Turkish Liras. This amaunt is 600$. And i think i did nothing wrong about this phone. Sony says Xperia Z can be in 1m of depth up to 30 minutes. I wasn't even close to that numbers. I'm waiting help from the Sony reps... Before i wrote this, i read that a Sony rep said to another water damaged xperia z owner; ask the service to perform vacuum test, this will initalize whether there are faulty flaps or back cover. In Teleservis, they don't have the idea of what is vacuum test. I have a half dead phone right now. Good days to everyone...
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Xperia Z Water Damage

Please contact your local Xperia Care team and have them get this through to a Sony Mobile authorised repair agent for assessment.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Learner
Mahmudf

Thanks for kind advice Sam, i will try it and post the details here...
Inhabitant
kunalsehgal.1

@Sam sir he put his phone in the pool, but my Z just got few driplets with all ports closed I checked atleast 10 Times coz I wasnt sure it's water resistant and it got wet in rain fall for at most 5 mins but water entered my phone and now ur so called xperia team says pay 80% for the replacement, now what should I do, I feel like trapped I read ur every certification for water and dust and then I took it to just very low rain then why u people are harassing me ?
Neither ur xperia team is running a pressure test then why are u selling phones go for vegetables
Learner
Mahmudf

@Sam They said we can't fix it and they are not solving any of my problem. What can i do about it?
Inhabitant
rushikesh2804

you can't do anything read this  -- 
http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/140784?tstart=0

Inhabitant
rushikesh2804

keep him in cc and send the mail again 

Kenichiro.Hibi@ap.sony.com

Learner
Bico

Faced the same problem tis summer...the ports were very well locked, but water went through anyway.

From where you may ask?

From a construction error, the back side cover comes up after severe usage at the top left corner, near the camera

Follow the link below, it's an italian link but the pics are very usefull to understand what's going on...

http://www.mobileblog.it/post/112735/sony-xperia-z-gravi-problemi-alla-scocca-posteriore-e-soluzioni...

Don't know if due to a lack of glue or not, the problem is that the assistance says i didn't close the ports...not true, the phone had a manufactory's error which is a SHAME

I've always been a deep Sony's customer, tv, cameras, videocameras, HI-Fi, mobiles, even alarm clock, but this time i was very disappointed, the assistance is telling me i'm a liar (they say i didn't close the ports...)!!!! tell me another thing but not that i'm a liar!

i will never buy any other Sony product in my entire life, where is Sony's style i 've been talking for long time to my friends...

Guido, an italian sad customer

Adept
DanStar

why on earth would you take this phone in a swiming pool? do you look for pots of gold at the end of rainbows too?

Learner
Mahmudf

I'm not going to take my phone if i'm getting in pool, after this experience happened to me, but there is no going back in time, my phone is broken now and this is because of a defect in the manufacturing...