Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

AjayB

Xperia Z: Phone not charging with Xperia Z USB charger

Hi,

Bought the flagship phone Xperia Z three weeks ago, Worked perfectly fine for the first two weeks.

Android version: 4.1.2

Software Build: 10.1.A.1.434.

Recently started facing a few problems with the phone:

1. The official charger that comes with the device, is not charging the phone at all.

Tried connecting the USB cable to my Laptop, no charging sign neither the Amber light( Indicator ) glows.

If i connect some other smartphone ( Samsung Galaxy S3) to the same charger it simply works fine and charges well.

Using the Samsung USB charger, the Xperia Z charges fine and seems to have no issues.

Request you to kindly help me in resoving the same.

2. Phone dies all of a sudden. Black screen. Which i saw in the forum as a bug reported.

Eagerly waiting for the software update that fixes the same.

Thanking you all in advance for helping me resolving the issue.

Regards,

Ajay.

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

Re: Xperia Z: Phone not charging with Xperia Z USB charger

I recommend that you contact your local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) or a service location for assistance in this case. Sounds like your phone and/or charger may need repairs/replacement.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.