Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

jzhen721

Which to get - xperia z or ZR ?

I am torn on whether to get the xperia Z or ZR. I know the ZR has an underwater camera (That is a HUGE selling point for me +the fact that it has it in pink), but the xperia Z also has waterproof capabilities. I don't really care about 720p VS 1080 because I can't really tell the difference btwn the two...so just a few questions..

Is the xperia Z able to take pictures / video under water like the ZR??

Which phone has a better camera??

Which one would you recommend?

In terms of taking vids, are both phones similar in quality?

Thanks. Hope this wasn't too much.

I am also open to suggestions for other xperia phones.

Advicer
suyog

Re: Which to get - xperia z or ZR ?

Hi, I also had similar dilemma :smileyhappy: and I went with ZR finally, very happy with it.

Is the xperia Z able to take pictures / video under water like the ZR?? - Yes , if you start camera before going in water. But ZR has edge here as it has dedicated camera button.

Which phone has a better camera?? - I felt ZR has slight advantages but recent updates might have evened out difference

Which one would you recommend? I will recommend ZR. It is because as overall package it is better.

Price is lesser,same internal specs(except memory 8GB in ZR), Screen looks better, it fits in hand much better. Looks classic compared to Z which has glass back. ZR has more rounded edge design which is better. Screen difference is not at all noticeable unless you use magnifying glass.

Overall you get almost same thing in better watter resistant,cheaper and more pocketable form factor,user replacable battery

Since both have almost same specs , both will get similar updates. Main -ves of ZR vs Z are low memory(may be important if you play games, you cant install many on ZR) and VGA frontcam.

Hence go for ZR.

In terms of taking vids, are both phones similar in quality? Yes

jzhen721

Thank you for your insight. :smileyhappy:

The only thing for me now is the screen size. I really like the zr for the specs, etc, but the downside for me is the screensize.

So the only different between the zr and the z is that the zr has a dedicated camera button?

I'm a bit hesistant to get the z because I've seen many messages here about cracked screen for no reason. :/

Advicer
suyog

Yes, screen size of ZR is lower but because of that it is shorter and less wide which makes or more portable. ZL is having 5" screen in same height as ZR but it is also wider.

Please go in shops and check personally before you decide.

Both Z and ZL are costing more than ZR.

ZR has better water resistance than Z.

jzhen721

Thanks for your reply again. I will go into the shops and check first. ^_^