Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Adept
surtitanuj

Which Is The Best Memory Card For Xperia Z

Hi All,

Right now I am having 16GB Sandsk card. Kindly advise which is the best 32 GB memory card for Sony Xperia Z. Also advise whether I can use 64GB memory card or not with Sony Xperia Z  If yes, then kindly advise which are the criteria I should take into consideration for buying 64GB memory card and which is the best card in this segment as well.

Thanks In Advance To All.

Demigod
Zann.H

Re: Which Is The Best Memory Card For Xperia Z

Best memory card? As long as you buy a reliable brand, it should be fine. Although there are different classes for SD Cards. the higher the card, the faster the write speed is. Do note, that only write speed varies. Read speed is the same for all classes. And for Z,

For mobile phone usage, class 4 is sufficient since writing at high speed is not needed in daily use. Especialy since Z writes everything to the internal SD. Only then you use SD Card for digital cameras or video cam, then higher speed is prefered. 

As for 64gb SD Card, althouh the phone specs only state that it support up to 32 gb, Z owners who uses 64gb have not reported any problem. so far.

Just stick to brands like Sandisk, Sony,and other well known brands. And you will be fine.

Novice
Adol

Strange. I tried 64Gb before but my Z cannot detect the card. How did you guys managed to ue 64GB? Pls advise.

Adept
surtitanuj

Hi Adol,

I have not yet bought 64GB but after reading below mentioned thread I thought of it. Zann.H simply guided Me on My query but at the end Its We who has to take a call whether to go for it or not. Just try this

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/463302#463302

Genius
GeoffH

you need to format it in the phone

Adept
surtitanuj

As usual GeoffH thank you so much for clearing our doubts. Will definately buy 64 GB card and will get back to you with updates on it

skyguy7567

There's no best memory card. Just choose on that you like and meets your budget. After all, smartphones can do a lot these days. I'm still using a 4 year old 8GB SD card on my phone. Everything's OK. About the 64GB SD card conflict on ther Xperia Z... There're many websites with specs saying that the Xperia Z only supports up to 32GB SD cards, but I don't know if that is true. Some phone models doesn't support it, but the best model (C6603) is said to work perfectly with 64GB. While the vairations in China (L36h) is repeatedly reported by many users that it doesn't support 64GB. Hope this helps.

Ramrajkumar4

Guys I have a Doubt to Go on with my Phone after buying it.
I want to know which Micro SD Memory Card can I put for my Phone....

My Choices are :-

Class 10 SONY Micro SD Card
Class 10 SAMSUNG Micro SD Card
Class 10 SanDisk Ultra Micro SD Card
Class 10+ SanDisk Extreme Micro SD Card

I know that all Memory Cards here will suit my Phone, But the doubt is which one will be having a Optimum Speed if I put for my Phone. I could see SONY will have a Good speed as being from a Same Company. Samsung Given speed on the pack is shown High. SanDisk Ultra is Good. And the Big thing is it is told that SanDisk Extreme Class 10+ is told that it is fully suitable for 4G smartphone....
Please say me which one can I go for ?