Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Regular
gauravraj33

Warranty Issue with Sony Xperia Z‏

Hello Team,

This is to bring in to your attention that I have purchased Sony XperiaZ on 09/08/2013 I was really graceful with the performance and the attractive features of my phone even I suggested few of my office colleagues  and friends to go for same .

But when the time comes to use the customer services it’s really shocking for me and I really disappointed with the behavior of Customer Care Executives during my visit of service center.

Here I like to notice you that from past few days I am facing few issues with my phone as it rebooted again and again and when I contacted the Customer Care on 1800-300-2800 they logged a complaint for same and suggested me to visit the nearest service Centre. Then  I visited the there  they told me it’s a water damage issue which not comes under warranty even they didn’t examine the phone properly as I know the big reason to purchase this phone is the phone water resistance and now I got a reply it’s the water damage phone .As shown in electronic media if even phone is dropping under the water then there is not an issue so how the story comes for water damage now the customer care executives saying you have to pay 80% for the cost of phone to get the replacement of phone .When I asked same from them that the phone is water proof so they didn’t have proper answer for that and they started ignoring me and immediately their behavior became very rude to me .

It’s really horrible experience for me which creates too much mentally harassment for me. I spent so much money for this just sake of Quality & Brand name of Sony.

The whole issue has affected my daily schedule and as well as give me mental stress so all I want this to settle down now.

Could you please do me a favor and do the needful for me

I would appreciate if I can have a prompt reply to my email.

Looking forward for your support and co-operation.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Raj

+918288044417

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Warranty Issue with Sony Xperia Z‏

Open all the flaps if the rectangles are pink or red you will know that indeed its water damage, request a vacuum test at the Sony repair center. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
gauravraj33

It's showing pink and I really appreciate if you can help me on the same. As I have mentioned all my concern above.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

There are only 2 reasons

either 

1) the flaps weren't properly closed, if so then the warranty won't cover this

2) there is something wrong with the phone (manufacturer related) it should be covered but you will have to request a vacuum test. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
gauravraj33

As We know that if Flap opens it's prompt a msg immediately but I didnot get any kind of this message.So,There is something wrong with the phone (manufacturer related) How can I get my warranty as I get very used to of my Xperia but now  I am suffering a lot of problem without it :smileysad:

Kindly do something ASAP.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

No it doesn't, that message that you speak of is only to remind you to close the flaps, it doesn't have a sensor that will tell you if a Flap its open or closed or closed properly. 

Again, you will have to take it to a Sony repair center and request a vacuum test. 

Don't forget to give Kudos

Regular
gauravraj33

Ok I also mean to say the same thing but As I have already visited the service Center and They told me that due to water damage condition. they will not covered it under warranty and I have to pay 80% of the amount and without checking my Xperia they will provide me new phone against this,

Sony Mobile India is indulge in corrupt trade practices.I also belief Sony Xperia Z is not repairable handset that's why they are misbehaving with the customer and Showing wrong information...I think you also not able to accept the fact which I am facing right now..

How can we know that flap is open or not but Customer care can assume and blaming the Customer that This will happen and that will happen keep you all in place on me and take it serious ...

I want the solution to take my warranty Please guide me with correct information. Thanks :smileysad:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

On tha main Forum page, look for Sony Moderators and send them a PM (Private Message) they might be able to help you.

Regular
gauravraj33

Can you please provide me the Moderator Name and ID so that I am able to find out and elabrate my Query..

uliwooly wrote:

On tha main Forum page, look for Sony Moderators and send them a PM (Private Message) they might be able to help you.

Forum Legend
uliwooly