Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Enthusiast
xperiaz

Video Calling on Xperia Z

Can someone please tell me how to make a video call on the phone? There is not option on the keypad, this was always possible on the samsung

One time poster
benchong05

Video Call on Xperia Z from DialPad

Hi,

I notice that Sony has not included the option of 3G Video call from the dialpad since the older handsets like Xperia Arc to the current Xperia V and Z.

As for Samsung handsets, they have this option whenever they key in the number to call so end user can choose whether to do a voice call or video call by selecting the respective button after keying in the number.

I understand that we can do a video call via apps like Tango or Skype but it will be convenient for end user to have such option on the dialpad instead of installing applications because it is a hassle to require both parties to install the app and add each other before they can make a video call.

Do look into this and hope to see improvement for future updates.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Video Call on Xperia Z from DialPad

I doubt it, it's not native on Android and so far it has not been added I hardly doubt that it will be added later on, just like other OS lack certain features, like FM radio on iphones, native 3G videocalls, etc.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
benchong05

Strangely as Samsung has this feature though they are also running on Android OS on their smartphones.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yes, Samsung has added this feature to some of their phones on specific markets, but this is not native on Android.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
DineshM

No Video Calling Option from Dial pad

Hello,

I do not find any option for Video Calling fro my dailpad, i did not find any settings for this in my phone.

is it missed or will not be available.

Nabeel

Re: No Video Calling Option from Dial pad

3G video calling is not supported by native android.

You can video call only using apps such as Skype, Talk, Tango etc.

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

One time poster
Ronaldfromholland

That weird, on my previous phone samsung galaxy s2 i had the option to videocall over 3g, and it worked!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

indeed only certain Androids have this option, like Nabeel said, it is not supported by native android, and this feature was requested on myriad occasions, I doubt it will be add it.

One time poster
DineshM

If It is not supported by Andriod, Sony Should Support It Like Samsung is providing this Feature, Now I'm Feeling that i have wasted my money buying Xperia Z, Videao calling using skype can be done 2 G phone on Edge.its useless if we can't get basic features in Such High End Phones.