Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Jojo2701

Using Xperia ZR as a USB modem...

Hi,

I want to connect my Xperia ZR using the USB cable and then use it to connect to Internet.

I have tried:

1. Launched PC companion, and connected the phone and everything is fine. There is NO icon to connect to internet anywhere, any corner of this interface.. surprising as i have downoaded the latest version of PC companion and Xperia ZR is one of the newest offering from Sony.

2. Then closed PC companion, and then checked on "USB Tethering" option on phone. All drivers got installed, but no internet access on my ultrabook. A small yellow exclamation mak appears to my internet connection notification area, and this results no internet access.

3. Tried mixing both 1 and 2, still no luck. Also checked my firewall option. All conditions are met, but no internet...!

Can anyone suggest/ help in this issue (Please do not suggest to connect through WIFI). I want to purposely connect it through USB only and use it as a USB MODEM...

PLS HELP...!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Using Xperia ZR as a USB modem...

just to clarify, are you trying to USB tether your data plan? or are you trying to reverse tethering (share your PC's internet connection with your Xperia ZR)?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Jojo2701

Re: Using Xperia ZR as a USB modem...

Hi uliwooly,

I have a 3G data plan subscribed to my mobile and would like to use it as a modem to access internet on my laptop.

:smileyplain:

But i did some fiddling with my win 8 ultrabook and the usb tether seems to work fine now... :smileymrgreen:

But was quite surprised, that i did the same thing for two days, it didnt worked...

thanks....