Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
ewanzol

Sony Xperia Z/ZL Battery Issues. No taskmanager & No filemanager.

I'm so interested about Xperia Z/ZL but I'm also worry about quality of battery it using, It's look like the phone suck battery(power using) so fast if compared with other smartphones such as HTC butterfly or LG nexus or Samsung Note 1/2. I'm heard about Xperia using Smart Saving Power(the icon just like on Xperia Ray), so that means most probably user need to turn on that setting everyday, that worst for user. Sony Mobile any solution for that? And the second thing after my review on internet, Xperia Z/ZL still doesn't have own task manager and file manager, so it's still using third-party app(astro) to manage the file and the task, that weird.
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sony Xperia Z/ZL Battery Issues. No taskmanager & No filemanager.

The Extended standby mode it's quite simple to use

Settings > power management > check Extended standby mode, this will be triggered whenever the screen has been off for few minutes.

regarding task manager it does have android task manager, regarding file manager, I don't have a problem with this as I rather use OI File Manager instead of Astro so I can uninstall it.

when you said task manager did you mean taskiller?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
ewanzol

BATTERY
Non-removable 2370 mAh Li-Ion battery
Stand-byUp to 500 h (2G) / Up to 500 h (3G)
Talk timeUp to 10 h (2G) / Up to 13 h (3G)
Music playUp to 40 h

Above is the detail about battery of Xperia Z/ZL. The battery not so good if compared with other brand.

Even with "smart saving power" I think it just help the user to extend the power about 10-15% only.

Ya..task manager to manage unused app.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you do not need task killers, that's a really bad idea, by killing an app you will make android and/or other apps unstable, and most likely the app that you kill will be reopen soon after, thus, draining even more battery than letting it run in the background.

keep in mind that the Xperia Z has a 1080p screen and the S3 or Note 2 dont

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
gspree

i tottaly agree with you SuperUser.

One time poster
ewanzol

With all ability Xperia Z/zL has so great but it will using more more battery power, such as FullHD screen on big screen, 441ppi, 13MP with HDR, quad-core processor, 2GB of ram, walkman, and so on. compared with HTC butterfly. HTC Droid DNA (which is almost same as xperia z/zl) it also come with bigscreen, HD display, big screen with 441ppi, audio Beat, and other ability. buy HTC using battery more reasonable. I don't want to charging my smartphone every day or every 2 day.

In my country the HTC Butterfly and Samsung Note 2 are sale on same price, I hope Xperia Z/zL is more cheaper than those phone. Anyways I'm waiting to buy this phone but I'm so worry about battery issue.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@ewanzol

I haven't seen an smartphone that does not require to be charged everyday, unless you turn off your

data plan/3G

4G

wifi

bluetooth

gps

lower the brightness

Adviser
spectre51

Using the Z yesterday I had over 9 hrs of use with 3.5 hours with the screen on (about 20 minutes of that with full brightness), 4g data, wifi and bluetooth on all day, facebook and twitter syncing every hour email every 30 minutes plus a gmail account for push email, also used the camera a little bit for burst shots before I plugged it in to charge when I went to bed.  Still had around 20% left.  That is without the stamina mode on or any other battery saving features.

This phone last so much longer than my ion or TL.    I don't think there is an issue with battery life here.

One time poster
zzzzperia

So far, when full charged the morning, battery lasts approx. 10 hours with normal use (listen to some music, check e-mail and whatsapp).

One time poster
ewanzol

After review all the issues related to Xperia Z/ZL battery issues, majority users have this issue even after using stamina mode. The stamina mode is not showing accurate battery life reading. And other main major issue is camera quality, even it’s using the new technology SONY lens, the outcome picture quality so poor. For bugs issue I think SONY can fix it by update the phone system soon, but for battery, screen, and camera I don’t think so.