Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Aniwthos

Problem with Charging the Sony Xperia Z

I have a problem, i bought this phone some days ago, it worked just fine the first days.. it was charging like it was supposed to be.

My issue is that today it stopped charging with the charger ? it doesnt recognise it at all.. when i connect it on the pc it charges, but when i connect it on the wall it doesnt do anything. I tried the same charger with other 2 phones (samsung and nokia) and they were charging fine. So, it's not the chargers problem.. it just doesn't recognise the charger for a reason now after 2-3 days. Any clues ?

The battery also is drained like hell.

Please tell me what to do im so dissapointed by my new phone :/

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Problem with Charging the Sony Xperia Z

is it the Sony wall charger? are you using Sony's USB cable? have you try the obvious a different wall socket?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Aniwthos

yes is the original sony wall charger as it came with the box with the sony usb cable of course. I have tried all the wall sockets in the house and nothing :/ what i don't get is why the charger works with 2 other phones i have tried to charge with.. Any knows bugs on this ? Tried several times to set to manufacture settings.. still nothing :/

Forum Legend
uliwooly

do you have another wall charger that you can test?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Aniwthos

yes i tested a samsung charger also and it doesnt work.. i dont get it.. why does it charge through usb and not on the wall ?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that's quite odd, you could try to repair your phone with SUS or PCC but it might be a hardware issue, take your phone to a Sony repair center ASAP

One time poster
Aniwthos

whats SUS and PCC ?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

PCC = PC Companion

SUS = Sony Update Service

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

One time poster
haulindun

my xperia will not charge at all and when connected to a charger with a light the light goes out....it won,t charge through sony charger or pc......really at a loss why this should be

Trustee
Alexander

haulindun wrote:

my xperia will not charge at all and when connected to a charger with a light the light goes out....it won,t charge through sony charger or pc......really at a loss why this should be

Have you tried the suggestions above? Different chargers, wall sockets, update the phone using PCC or SUS, restarted by press and hold power and volume up, etc? 

If you have and the phone still doesn't chargers I suggest that you send the phone to service for examination. Please contact the local support for more information: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.