Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
NonkoCzBg

Re: My Sony Xperia Z won't start /turn on after failed update attempt

Thank you mate, you help me a lot, now all works.. THANK YOU! <3

One time poster
Netallina

A similar problem to the other posters, my Sony Xperia Z won't start after a failed update attempt.

Following the support suggestions on the Sony website (http://www.sonymobile.com/sg/support/faq/w8-walkman-phone/update-software/software-update-failed-ps1... failed.

Solutions posted on this forum thread (http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/My-Sony-Xperia-Z-won-t-start-turn-on-after-failed-updat... have also failed.

When I plug the phone into the wall charger, the LED comes on red, the SONY logo appears on my screen, followed by a message indicating that "The Software update failed. Make sure that your phone is connected to the computer and try again.", and then the phone turns itself off. The cycle repeats itself with no indication that my phone's actually being charged.

Since it is unable to charge, plugging the phone into my computer does not trigger the update process to start, so I can't "try again", as the message so helpfully suggests.

The computer also does not recognise my phone as being connected despite following the PC Companion's instructions to 1) unplug the device, 2) remove and replace the battery (which I can't do, because the battery is built in), and 3) turn it back on (which, again, I can't do, because the phone won't charge in the first place), before 4) plugging it back into the computer.

Please help... Thank you.

alexdon

Download sony update service,install on your computer.Repair your phone software with it.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
One time poster
KCHo

Anyway to restore without deleting the data? I have the same problem, my phone keep reboot with the same error. The worst is I did not do any backup.

Please help. 

alexdon

You cannot backup if the phone does not turn on.I am sorry.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Visitor
Eversor

Re: My Sony Xperia Z won't start /turn on, reboots, freezing and screen is not responsive

Because of some reason, my Sony Z started to rebooting until the battery died. I've tried to reset it by pressing power and vol up. no use.. 

alexdon

Re: My Sony Xperia Z won't start /turn on, reboots, freezing and screen is not responsive

Power button+vol up until the phone vibrates 3 times.It should turn it off.Try to remove the SIM also.

One time poster
Rockefeller

Re: My Sony Xperia Z is not switching of to iniate a software repair.

[ Edited ]

hi did a software update. but while the update was commencing i mistakenlt pulled the data cable out.

the phone just restarts non stop with the error"software update failed. this happens conitiuosly. i have tried to shut it down(powerbutton + volume) and thid did nothing.

One time poster
hafzan84

sory..i want to install sony update service but appears support has ended. what should i do?

One time poster
jiggler

i am having the same problem with my xpeira z and  i have tried the solution posted here but its still not working. please what can i do?