Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
dknightxs

Loud speaker not working for last 12 hours on xperia z

its been almost nearly 3 weeks since i got a xperia z...infact i was the 1st guy in my city infront of the store waiting for the xperia z's arival...

in these 3 weeks i tested the water resistance just 3 times in total..1st was to see how it works... 2nd was i washed the phone and  same thing i did last night when i washed the phone... at about 8pm...its 11:18 am right now and the speaker sound is still very low... i was told that it will get back to normal in just 2-3 hours max but its been over 12 hours now and i am very much worried...

please provide me with a  suggestion as what should i do.

P.s I live in Pakistan and Sony phones dont come with any sort of warrenty here so sending it back for warrenty claim is not a option

One time poster
Nickpatong

Re: Loud speaker not working for last 12 hours on xperia z

Same problem here, i bought the new Sony 4 days a go, off course I try the waterproof (maybe 4 times)  and now, after few hours I wash my xperia Z the Speaker still very very  low, also here I bought the phone bangkok where I live but no warranty.

Thanks

One time poster
dknightxs

still no feedback from sony :smileyworried:

its been 2 days now and the speaker sound is still not fixed.... WTF sony reply already

One time poster
garlad

It's been over a week for me! Posted here yesterday and still no feedback from Sony Support here.

At least I'm not the only person having the problem

Novice
rusticguy

One time poster
amirms

I had the same problem with my Xperia ZL. I restarted the phone and it was fixed.

One time poster
Desmondyee

I Also facing same problem here...Sony please reply

One time poster
speedyf3

I had same problem. Uwe a vacuum and hold the suction wand as closed as possible for a couple mins. On suction no blowing. It works in just a couple minutes.

Community Manager
Johan

If the phone has been exposed to water it might end up in the speaker hole. Blow gently into the hole to speed up the drying, your speaker should be fine once it is dry. If not I think this needs to be checked at a repair center.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.