Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
SOliverSmith

Help please - Xperia Z wont charge

I bought an Xperia Z in March 2013 and it stopped charging properly after about a month. The charger provided with the phone broke after two weeks.  I returned the phone to Sony and they are saying the phone is 'beyond economical repair' and it not under warranty due to 'physical damage'. They will not refund or replace. Why would I damage a phone I have a 24 month contract for, after only 4 months. I am still waiting for someone from the Escalations team to call me back - 4 days after I requested a call.

I bought a Sony because I thought it was a reliable and reputable brand. I was wrong.

Please if anyone else has the same issue can you let me know?

Thanks

Sarah

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

Re: Help please - Xperia Z wont charge

Sorry to hear about your phone.

From what i understand the service location has investigated your phone and found that the problem is not a manufacturing fault but a fault that you have caused yourself by either accident or not using the phone according to the user instructions. In this case repairs/replacement is not covered by the warranty. As i have no way of seeing what type of problem they found i do however suggest that you contact your local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) or the service location if you want more information about what type of fault they have found.