Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
shadow_170

Dissappointing display quality on Xperia Z

Hello I've been following this device since Sony announced it and I was sure that it will be the best device when it comes out but I checked some comparetions with other devices and I really couldn't understand how Sony Mobile could do something like this.Camera is 13mp and records 1080p videos with HDR uses exmor RS but its not better than 8MP 2012 devices.Actually its not that bad but when I checked the display contrast and colors that really surprised me because its even worse than last Sony Ericsson Devices like xperia Arc-Neo-Ray or most of current devices so I am asking you why Sony made a Flagship that has almost the worst display colors on the market?

And one intresting thing is that global version of Xperia Z has worse screen then Japanese version WHY ?

Here is some videos that shows what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dn0PTox1PJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1BWWvSPJk

I really like this device it looks great and most species are not best but really good I still want to buy it but display is really too bad.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Dissappointing display quality on Xperia Z

I agree somehow with the display it is not as rich as the Xperia T or the Xperia S but we will have to wait and see if this is a software issue or it is hardware related.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
shadow_170

I hope its a software issue actually it should be because its the same device with Japanese version but still there is a lot of difference between them if its a hardware issue then this is a big failure of Sony

Inhabitant
wrealcon

About that "black" color.

I have installed MX Player - it has nice icon which a half of it is really black. There You can compare black of that icon with "black" stripes at the top and bottom of the screen (where buttons and notification icons are). There is a large difference.

Hence I think that all of that is caused by software :smileyhappy: Let's hope it is so...

One time poster
shadow_170

That was the thing that I recognized mostly device has like no blacks all of them like grey.White is not bad as its a LCD (Of course it couldnt come near of Xperia P) but really contrast levels are too low if you check the reviews like on Gsmarena you can see how bad it really is (you can check from right here http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z-review-887p3.php).My last hope is that I have seen a contrast configuration settings on the device if thats true maybe it could be helpfull but still I cant understand how Sony (Mosty has the almost best screens on market) can do a screen like this to their flagship.

Community Manager
Johan

Sony Mobile Communications have received some comments from consumers experiencing different brightness, colours or contrast  between Xperia Z* smartphones. There may exist different settings in some software customizations which leads to different visual perceptions between the Xperia Z displays.

Consumers are recommended to download the latest revision of phone software which will be made available through all Sony self service solutions (Fota, PC Companion and Xperia update) soon. This change will provide the best possible visual experience for the consumers.

Genius
GeoffH

so there's another update on the way

thx for that