Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Visitor
Patrick

Can't connect to 3G internet

I am tryng to use the Experia Z in Vietnam on Mobiphone's 3G network. I bought unlimited monthly data from mobiphone. When I launch Chrome, it says "You are offline. Wifi and mobile data are tuned off." But from the menu at the top of the phone, it says mobile data is turned on.

Demigod
shihstouch

Re: Can't connect to 3G internet

1.Go to settings > more > mobile networks > mobile data traffic.

check mobile data traffic is ticked on...

2.settings > more > mobile networks > Access Point Names.

check you have right settings...

In some case even if you have the data plan, you need to contact your network provider to activate 3G for your phone.

Visitor
Patrick

Thanks. mobile data traffic is on, but what do I need to do with Access point names? Also, I don't think the issue is with needing to contact the provider, because I took the phone to the Sony store in Saigon, and they were able to get it to work. Unfortunately, it stopped working after I turned my phone off, and I am no longer in a city with a Sony store.

Demigod
shihstouch

Check if you have correct internet settings.

Or call your network provider and request new settings and install it, switch off and on your phone.

Now try connecting to mobile data :D

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

If you have no entries in the Access Point Names section, you can get the phone to source the internet settings itself in most cases:  Main Menu > Settings > Xperia > Internet Settings > Accept.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey