Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Advicer
dacsology
Accepted Solution

Xperia Z Ultra touch screen problems.

This is the only phone i have used in which is very sensitive to sweaty palms. Small amount of water makes the display crazy. It taps anything opens anything. I have to consistently wipe my screen which is troublesome considering the humidity here.
Can this be resolved by an update?
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia Z Ultra touch screen problems.

I hardly doubt it, why don't you apply an extra protecting film that should help 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Uliwooly is correct and a secondary screen protector may help in this situation. The difficulty you are having is due to how the capacitive technology works as touching the surface of the screen results in a distortion of the screen's electrostatic field this also applies to water due to it being conductive.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Advicer
dacsology

I was thinking that screen protectors only prevent scratches. But following the advice resolved my problem. Thanks a lot for the support!
grg
Adept
grg

[ Edited ]

dacsology wrote:
I was thinking that screen protectors only prevent scratches. But following the advice resolved my problem. Thanks a lot for the support!

Kool, i will give it a try too..

Avet

Are you kidding me ??!!

[ Edited ]

Sam everything what you said is very funny Bravo !!!

And now an example of the correct answer.

From .461 up to .750 touchscreen sensitivity bag  was a firmware issue. 

With .510 problem has been fixed. 

We just recived new .526 and I recomending you guys to check your Sony PC Companion for the updates.

If you have a problem or you can't see update you can wait (as a Hong Kong people missed .510 update) or you can change your build.prop and update your device.  For that welcome to xda developers.

Many bags have been solved but there still "ONE and big nasty bug" for many users from around the world...."SOD" issue's.

Some of us have at minimum lever (like me) some of us seeing sod several times per days. 

I hope sony devs knows about this terrible problem

photo 206_zpsd459117c.gif

Regards

xda-developers.com
MiPaDo

please help my screen is super sensitive, i cant scrool or put my lockscreen pattern in

I was so excited to get this phone. I've done nothing but read reviews, and watch youtube videos. And now that I have the phone the very first day I've had it for 6 hours and my screen is just wacky. I go to scroll and it selects a. Idem instead. I can barely drag and drop icons, & I was freaked out because my phone almost completely wiped because I couldn't put my pattern on the lock screen.

I am waiting for my battery to get to 50 percent, because there is a new update that I just downloaded. I really hope this fixes it.

Sony please feel free to email me any ideas on how to fix this, or if anybody here could be of help I would greatly appreciate it. I'm starting to wonder if I got a defective unit and I need to send it back to the Amazon retailer I bought it from.
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: please help my screen is super sensitive, i cant scrool or put my lockscreen pattern in

That's normal, adding an extra film protector might do the trick for you 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

MiPaDo

Re: please help my screen is super sensitive, i cant scrool or put my lockscreen pattern in

I honestly appreciate the quick reply. but I hope you understand that your solution is completely unacceptable.in no way shape or form well I live with the product that I need to modify to enable a hundred percent functionality.

Unfortunately if this is Sony's official answer not only will I be returning this, I will never be purchasing another sony Mobile phone again.

again, if you work for Sony then shame on you. If you are just another forum member providing insight, and help in terms of a bandage on a bullet hole. Then I honestly am completely appreciate your quick response, and my tirade was in no way directed towards you as an individual if you were not representing Sony as a company.
Forum Legend
uliwooly

LOL, calm down, its just a phone, if you want an instant reply by Sony 

either call them or livechat with them 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

good luck