Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

Sound enhancement problems for Z Ultra

I am having problems with my Ultra.  when I bought it about a month ago, if I try to fiddle with the equalizer or settings like "rock, pop" etc, the phone usually freezes a bit or I get a message that "sound enhancement has stopped".  After upadating to the latest firmware, I can now use the equalizer without problems, but when I try to press "settings" under sound ennhancements, it always crashes and says "unfortunately Sound enhancement has stopped".  Please advise me what to do.  thanks.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sound enhancement problems for Z Ultra

try this

settings > apps > all > walkman > clear everything > restart your phone

Don't forget the Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

If that doesn't work then repair your phone with SUS or PCC

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget the Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

Do you mean "clear cache" and clear data"? it didn't work.  By the way, How come I have 2 walkman app? one is version 2.0 A.0.39 the other is version 7.9.A.0.3.  are both versions supposed to be there together?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Try this 

settings > apps  > all > walkman > uninstall updates > restart your phone > then settings > about phone > software update > re-update the walkman update 

if that doesn't work then repair your phone with SUS

Don't forget to give Kudos

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

I tried, but there was no option for me to uninstall updates under the walkman app at settings.

Adept
Wison

hello @Gsy, I believe this update has the bugs on walkman, we won't find the steps stated above to revert anything as it won't be found in z ultra. so try to be patient for the next rollout.
Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

Oh ok. I had issues with my walkman apps since the beginning, equalizer can’t be adjusted smoothly, as quick scrolling through the settings force closes the settings. Its not a deal breaker, but it does get annoying that there are minor bugs like this. I had 2 firmware updates already by the way, and my unit is from Hong Kong. Thanks. I hope the next update fixes all issues with the Ultra.

Adept
Wison

I'm from Indonesia, and I believe mine too from HongKong as there're some chinese apps built-in. have you try repair the unit as uliwooly recommended? if haven't backup everything and do repair using PCC or SUS, sometime miracles happen.

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

How do I back up data? On my settings, I check back up my data and automatic restore. Do I plug it in to my pc and use pc companion to repair my phone?