Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

Sound enhancement problems for Z Ultra

I am having problems with my Ultra.  when I bought it about a month ago, if I try to fiddle with the equalizer or settings like "rock, pop" etc, the phone usually freezes a bit or I get a message that "sound enhancement has stopped".  After upadating to the latest firmware, I can now use the equalizer without problems, but when I try to press "settings" under sound ennhancements, it always crashes and says "unfortunately Sound enhancement has stopped".  Please advise me what to do.  thanks.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sound enhancement problems for Z Ultra

try this

settings > apps > all > walkman > clear everything > restart your phone

Don't forget the Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

If that doesn't work then repair your phone with SUS or PCC

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget the Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

Do you mean "clear cache" and clear data"? it didn't work.  By the way, How come I have 2 walkman app? one is version 2.0 A.0.39 the other is version 7.9.A.0.3.  are both versions supposed to be there together?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Try this 

settings > apps  > all > walkman > uninstall updates > restart your phone > then settings > about phone > software update > re-update the walkman update 

if that doesn't work then repair your phone with SUS

Don't forget to give Kudos

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

I tried, but there was no option for me to uninstall updates under the walkman app at settings.

Adept
Wison

hello @Gsy, I believe this update has the bugs on walkman, we won't find the steps stated above to revert anything as it won't be found in z ultra. so try to be patient for the next rollout.
Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

Oh ok. I had issues with my walkman apps since the beginning, equalizer can’t be adjusted smoothly, as quick scrolling through the settings force closes the settings. Its not a deal breaker, but it does get annoying that there are minor bugs like this. I had 2 firmware updates already by the way, and my unit is from Hong Kong. Thanks. I hope the next update fixes all issues with the Ultra.

Adept
Wison

I'm from Indonesia, and I believe mine too from HongKong as there're some chinese apps built-in. have you try repair the unit as uliwooly recommended? if haven't backup everything and do repair using PCC or SUS, sometime miracles happen.

Gsy
Apprentice
Gsy

How do I back up data? On my settings, I check back up my data and automatic restore. Do I plug it in to my pc and use pc companion to repair my phone?