Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

my xperia x8 wont turn on fully!!

ive had the phone for a few months now and it kept cancelling out of things and telling me they were not responding and i had to force close them. this was happening with only one or two apps to begin with but then it started doing it with everything. now its turned off and wont go past the sony ericsson start up screen when i turn it on. it just keeps showing the sony ericsson logo then going black and doing it again over and over. it still charges but wont connect to a pc. any ideas what could be wrong, or how to fix it? i dont have my receipt anymore so cant get it repaired under warranty.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: my xperia x8 wont turn on fully!!

backup all your apps and everything then

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/1.808661/xperiax8?c...

use Update Service to repair your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

i cant back up anything because it wont turn on and i cant update it because it wont connect to the pc!

gwhispererz

Hi Aman25da, you can still do a Software repair using SE Update Service (does not require phone to be turned on).

I guess you can't do any backup.

Anonymous(anon)

ok well that sucks about not being able to back it up, but ill try the update. thanks :smileyhappy:

gwhispererz

Keep us updated. Good luck. :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you will lose everything but if you used the Backup & Restore app before you should have most of your apps there and if you sync w/ google then you can retrieve y our contacts

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hi ive had the same problem exactly for a while now

I've tried doing the software repair but it wants me to mount my phone to the computer which i can't do without the phone turning on

need some sugestions or walkthroughs fast :smileysad:

thanks

Forum Legend
uliwooly

try Update Service

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/1.808661/xperiax8?c...

you don't have to mount anything, just connect on flashmode

Anonymous(anon)

1) Turn off the phone, disconnect from computer

2) You can use Update Service or PC Companion (here you need to select Support Zone->Software Update->Repair)

3) Once you see phones, select your X8

4) Now follow the instructions on the PC, press back button while inserting the usb cable - keep the button down until Update Service/PC Companion starts to download

Note: Your personal data will be lost, so if you can backup do this before you start with the sw repair.