2010-10-07 07:40 PM
Is anyone experiencing some issues with the X8,
I have a few problems with the X8 which I list below.
1. Downloading MMS settings does not work.
2. Some operator messages cannot be replied to.
3. The Music player does not have Playlist!!! This is such a let down. I don't want to be scrolling all the time to play another song.
4. When the phone syncs with address book from Google it deleted the contacts!
5. In Call volume is low, and the slider displayed shows there is some more volume left but it wont move anymore.
6. Can the SW prevent crucial things from getting uninstalled. I mean there are some system apps that could be uninstalled thay may cause the phone to brick out.
7. No Alert Profile are available, either silent or audible. Nothing like discreet or extra loud.
8. The Keypad slows down so significantly when the message thread is a bit long. It gets annoying to type. Also Some words need to be unlearnt.
Am I missing something as to how the phone shold be configured or what?
Other than that, the phone is awesome, great value for money. Although I wouldn't mind paying for a much higher spec version in the same form factor. I love my X8 more than this X10 or X10miniPro.
Solved! Go to Solution.
2010-10-07 08:21 PM
1. Browse to your network providers webpage and search for the mms settings and enter them manually in to the phone.
2. Have you tried another sim card?
3. If you have a look in the Android market you can find alternative music players which might suit your needs.
6.You probably can't uninstall apps that are already on the phone but uninstalling any app wont brick the phone.
Thats as far as I can help you I'm afraid as I dont have an Xperia x8.
2010-10-11 04:46 PM
1. Downloading MMS settings does not work. -> Vodafone site has the settings for older SE phones.
2. Some operator messages cannot be replied to. -> Can't change the SIM card, I need the same number.
3. The Music player does not have Playlist!!! This is such a let down. I don't want to be scrolling all the time to play another song. -> I found MixZing it is awesome. Better than the Walkman player, except that the DSP is SW based. I think Walkman phones have HW DSP, Equalizers etc.
4. When the phone syncs with address book from Google it deleted the contacts! -> I stopped syncing with Google, Just SE sync actually helps.
5. In Call volume is low, and the slider displayed shows there is some more volume left but it wont move anymore. -> I think this is quite an issue.
6. Can the SW prevent crucial things from getting uninstalled. I mean there are some system apps that could be uninstalled thay may cause the phone to brick out. -> Actually I couldn't uninstall most SE apps, so phone won't brick out after all
7. No Alert Profile are available, either silent or audible. Nothing like discreet or extra loud. -> I can live with this
8. The Keypad slows down so significantly when the message thread is a bit long. It gets annoying to type. Also Some words need to be unlearnt. -> I can just clear the data here.
I am quite happy... Barring a few glitches, I hope minor updates will iron out these glitches before the real 2.1 comes out. if at all it comes . Some apps from Android Market place doesn't work with 1.6.
BTW, Can I install apps to the SD card instead of the internal flash?
2010-10-12 09:01 AM
Let's see if I can answer all your questions.
1. If you can't download the settings you should be able to enter them manually, as KrazyD aldready mentioned. The instructions for how to enter them may vary between phone models but the information entered in the phone is the same for all handsets. Vodafone should be able to provide you with the standard information needed even if it is not posted on their website. The settings should be entered at Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > press Meny key > New APN.
2. This one sounds a bit strange. KrazyD is probably right, you should try with a different sim card. Just borrow a sim card from a friend and try to respond to one of these messages that you can't repsond to with your sim card. If this solves your issue you just need to ask Vodafone for a new sim card. You can of course keep your phone number.
3. I am using the Xperia X10 but I also find MixZing great! I even purchased the full version upgrade.
4. This one sounds really strange. Your contacts should not be deleted when syncing with Google. Have you tried syncing again after this happended or did you switch to Sony Ericsson Sync with no intension of using Google Sync again?
5. This problem does not occur in the Xperia X8 I tested with just now. I am able to both lower and raise the volume without any issues. Have you tried to just restart your phone? Please provide me with the phones software version if this does not help. You can find this at Settings > About phone > Build number.
6. The things that should not be uninstalled can't be uninstalled so there are no worries. Some applications can't be uninstalled.
7. Try pressing the volume keys on the phone.This will lower/raise the ringvolume and you can also set it to silent and only vibrate.
8. Clearing the data is one good option if you want to reset the application. Try installing new keyboards from Android Market if you want to try different input methods or keyboards. I use Smart Keyboard in my Xperia X10. I think it should work for Xperia X8 as well.
Applications can only be installed on the internal phone memory and not on the SD card.
I hope this answer all your questions.
2010-10-12 06:45 PM
1. I will check this with Vodafone.
2. Vodafone say some messages can't be replied! but I don't know why their message says 'Reply with your IMEI no'
3. Yes! I got the upgraded MixZing too!
4. I am happy with SonyEricsson Sync.
5. I restarted the phone but I think the call volume is a bit low, not as loud as my W595.
7. I forgot to do that!!
8. Yes I am trying out the smart keyboard.
2010-10-21 07:40 PM
It is not Compatable of all Sim cards...It was getting restated while playing a Video when we place the reliance or aircel sim cards...n some times docomo also and old sim cards too.
Have anybody experienced the same..?
It was a strange problem
2010-10-21 09:29 PM
There are quite a bunch of small glitches which gets in the way of enjoying this otherwise brilliant phone.
1. Phone is not as responsive as when I unboxed it, I reset the data and killed all the apps but it lags to some extent.
2. The phone display went black and I had to restart by opening the battery! Could this be due to less memory?
3. The display changes brightness for no apparent reason.
I got most things to work perfectly fine just like I wanted it to. I was actually surprised to find 166MB of RAM, I'd expected 128MB!!
More than ever I want the 2.1 update to come so that it brings with it all the speed optimizations for the Android OS. Also some apps don't even run on 1.6!
Flash player is very much needed.
All good, but these little things happen to mar the "User Experience"
Also will the display be able to support additional colors with 2.1? How many colors does it support currently anyway?
2010-11-10 08:05 PM
i have same problem with display going black, and i need to remove battery to restart the phone.
another problem is that my phone is shutting down by itself,
third problem is sometimes phone restarts by itself with no reason,
and in normal use battery lasts little less than 24 hours.
please if you have answer on these issues let me know because the phone is 3 days old
2010-11-10 09:02 PM
The screen going black and need to reamove the battery happen to me twice. I'm going to the store to report the problem.
Concerning all those issues you're having, you should do the same to get a new one or a refund