Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Updates for Xperia Phones but the X8?

okay so I read on http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/03/30/sony-says-the-upgrade-to-os-4-0-ics-for-2011-xperia-devices-will-n... which says that xperia phones will be gettin at update including the xperia mini.  Why are most xperia phones getting an update but the x8?  The people who own the X8 are seriously getting left out and I (probably most of us who own X8) are really upset about this.  We are stuck on a crummy 2.1 android.  Can you explain to us why you can't ugrade to 2.2 android or above.  This makes me lose faith in Sony products.  I really like your phones, but with this kind of service I really don't think I will be getting any more sony phones......

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Updates for Xperia Phones but the X8?

read this

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/121814

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

"… the next set of devices to be upgraded will be at the “end of May/early June” and are the Xperia arc (Rogers), Xperia PLAY (Rogers), Xperia neo (not in Canada), Xperia mini (not in Canada), Xperia mini pro (Rogers), Xperia pro (Fido)." - from the article that i posted. so if the mini and the pro can get update why not x8?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

bc it was announced long ago that 2.1 was the last update to the 2010 Xperias, Sony claim that they can't update to 2.3 bc hardware limitations when that's a lie, you can install a custom ROM and have 2.2 or 2.3.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

did you checked the thread I'd suggested?