Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson PC Companion won't up date my Xperia X8 to Android 2.1

My Xperia X8 is currently using the old version of Android I think 1.6 as my phone keeps telling me I need to update it to 2.1.  I have been trying to do this with PC Companion but every time I try it, the software gets to the preparation section and tells me installation error - unable to install or start phone software update components. I then have no option but to close the box.  I then get another box come up saying the update of software failed. Please try again or consult Sony Ericsson support for assistance at http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones.  I have tried several times to do it through PC Companion but it just will not work.

My phone is telling me that the firmware version is 2.1 update 1, I did upgrade it to Android 2.1 when I first got the phone, but I had to do a factory reset of the phone due to an error, which set it back to Android 1.6.

I seem to recall when I updated it last time I had the same problem and was given some guidance through this forum on how to do the upgrade, but I now cannot find the posting on the forum to do it again.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you

gwhispererz

Re: Sony Ericsson PC Companion won't up date my Xperia X8 to Android 2.1

Hi, kind of strange that a factory reset downgraded phone from Android 2.1 to 1.6.

Anyway, try updating with SE Update Service, here's the link, http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/xperiax8?cc=gb&....

Let us know how it goes.