Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Problems with 3G (WCDMA). Working ok with 2G (GSM)

In the mobile network configuration there are 3 options:

1) GSM only

2) WCDMA only

3) GSM/WCDMA preferred.

When I choose GSM only everything is fine. When I choose WCDMA only everything is fine, unless my provider has no 3G available in my location at a given moment so I´d have no service. However, with the 3rd option, which is the one I´d like to use, the phone wouldn´t always switch to GSM when there´s no WCDMA available, so I randomly find myself with no service.

I already troubleshot this with the service provider (Personal, in Argentina) and they said that they don´t see any trouble with the my line, so it must be a problem with the phone, most likely the software. Are there any patches / android upgrades I can download? I´m currently running 2.1

Thank you,

Juan

gwhispererz

Re: Problems with 3G (WCDMA). Working ok with 2G (GSM)

Hi, it could be a SIM Card issue too.

See if you can borrow another SIM Card (preferably from same Service Provider) to test.

Keep us updated.

Anonymous(anon)

Given the intermitent nature of the problem, I don't think anyone I know would be willing to give me his/her SIM card for a few days to test. Howevver, this opens a new avenue for research. I'll talk to the service provider and see if they can replace my SIM card. I hope they won't have any issues with that.

Thanks for your help.

gwhispererz

Welcome.

Keep us udated.