Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Problems with 3G (WCDMA). Working ok with 2G (GSM)

In the mobile network configuration there are 3 options:

1) GSM only

2) WCDMA only

3) GSM/WCDMA preferred.

When I choose GSM only everything is fine. When I choose WCDMA only everything is fine, unless my provider has no 3G available in my location at a given moment so I´d have no service. However, with the 3rd option, which is the one I´d like to use, the phone wouldn´t always switch to GSM when there´s no WCDMA available, so I randomly find myself with no service.

I already troubleshot this with the service provider (Personal, in Argentina) and they said that they don´t see any trouble with the my line, so it must be a problem with the phone, most likely the software. Are there any patches / android upgrades I can download? I´m currently running 2.1

Thank you,

Juan

gwhispererz

Re: Problems with 3G (WCDMA). Working ok with 2G (GSM)

Hi, it could be a SIM Card issue too.

See if you can borrow another SIM Card (preferably from same Service Provider) to test.

Keep us updated.

Anonymous(anon)

Given the intermitent nature of the problem, I don't think anyone I know would be willing to give me his/her SIM card for a few days to test. Howevver, this opens a new avenue for research. I'll talk to the service provider and see if they can replace my SIM card. I hope they won't have any issues with that.

Thanks for your help.

gwhispererz

Welcome.

Keep us udated.

One time poster
ubong

on my Sony Ericsson Xperia play my gsm works fine but when I change it to wcdma there is no service what do I do
Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

If you have never been able to get 3G service on your phone, then it may be that your phone's 3G frequencies are not compatible with those of your mobile network.

Hope this helps

Chris