Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

I can't send text messages.

Whenever I try to send a message, it says, "Message not sent." with an exclamation point in a triangle.

This happened after I flashed a custom rom.

How can I fix this? :smileysad:

Thanks in advance.

gwhispererz

Re: I can't send text messages.

Hi Kalybe, you can do a Software repair using SE Update Service. You should be aware that this will erase phone data completely. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the suggestion, gwhisperez! But, I didn't need to to do a Software repair anymore. :smileyhappy:

What I did was, I tried exchanging the sim cards of my old Sony Ericsson K700i with my Xperia X8.

I found out that the sim card was the problem, not the phone.

After I exchanged sim cards, I tried to send messages.

The X8 was finally working again. :smileyhappy:

When I tried it on K700i, it said, message barred .

So, my problem was solved, but I have another question. :smileysilly:

Is there anyway to fix my old sim card? I don't want to go through the trouble of telling all my contacts I have a new number, unless I have to. :smileysilly:

Thanks, again! :smileyhappy:

gwhispererz

Thanks for the info. :smileyhappy:

Can't your Network Operator just replace the SIM card with the same number?!

Anonymous(anon)

Oh really? I'm not aware. Ahaha! Thanks again! :smileyhappy:

gwhispererz

Welcome. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I also have the same problem. I have a corporate Sim card and there's no possibility to change it. I tried everything I can but nothing works... I'm stuck... I just must accept that my X8 can't send messages...

gwhispererz

Hi, don't give up hope yet till you try the followings. Test with different Network mode. Have you done a software repair to see if that will resolve the issue? Just providing some suggestions (hope). :smileyhappy: Be aware that software repair will erase your phone data completely (SD card not affected), remember to backup.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks, gwhispererz, but I've done that and several times and with various sim cards. I still hope SE will release a new firmware and it'll fix my issue...

gwhispererz

I will get back to you later, after work. See if I can come out with anything. Stay tuned and don't give up hope yet! :smileyhappy: