Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

How to upgrade X8 from Android 2.1 to 2.3?

Does the Phone support this upgrade?

Were can i find ti?

Demigod
KrazyD

Re: How to upgrade X8 from Android 2.1 to 2.3?

Hello, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 does not have a Gingerbread update. The phone will not pass Android 2.1 which is the latest for this device.

Anonymous(anon)

Yes you can,here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=846

Because guys on XDA care about us unlike SE!

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, X8 is capable of running android 2.3

Search XDA forums for it.

I'm currently running android 2.2 froyo MiniCM RC1 because it's the most stable ROM. Other ROMs have camera not working, radio FM also. So I suggest you install MiniCM RC1 froyo instead.

Anonymous(anon)

yes , X8  must be update in Android 2.3 ver .. 

either pl's stop the manufacture this phone or selling in the  market

because sony ericsson has first time ever his to try to cheat our loyal customer..

kindly release the update version soon..

Anonymous(anon)

yes ,

pl's find the mini cm form this web site

http://code.google.com/p/minicm/

for X8

Anonymous(anon)

yes ,

pl's find the mini cm form this web site

http://code.google.com/p/minicm/

for X8

Anonymous(anon)

ok so if you see on page 10 i have writen about how i need 2.2 froyo for xperia x8 and all but a couple of days ago i was searching through my phone and i went on to the support app and sent sony ericsson support team about the update and they said there is no further update so whatever you do, do not root your phone or use a software not made by sony ericsson as your warranty will go and you have a risk to brick your phone so if your phone breaks you will have to buy a new one. however if you want some features from android 2.3 onwards in a safe way which i am using is go on android market and search up e.g: android 2.3 luancher or go launcher ex. i would recomend go launcher ex as if you download it you can get ice cream sandwich or even windows 7 or iphone theme . as much as i know you cant do multi touch or get apps2sd and the keyboard for the key board go on market and get ics keyboard + ics keyboard settings then go into settings and enable ics keyboard and go on the app itself then do the next thing and you will have ice cream sandwich keyboard. by the way this is all free so hope it helps and enjoy!!!

Anonymous(anon)

can you teach me how to install adroid 2.2 to my xperia x8?

Anonymous(anon)

did you mean, your suggest application mini cm6 for x8 if i install to my x8 is not work it?