Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

unable to use internet since upgrade to gingerbread

Accepted Solution Solved
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

unable to use internet since upgrade to gingerbread

thanks

Hi there, i recently upgraded to gingerbread with no problems. however, since the upgrade, i have not being able to access the internet or use any internet based apps without WI-FI. can anyone help solve the problem? by the way does any one know how to get back that handy settings bar (screen two , the one where you could just click on the blue tooth, wifi, GPS and brightness settings without going thriugh the settings menu.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎2015-08-28 01:23 AM
Elite

Re: unable to use internet since upgrade to gingerbread

the power control widget is no longer available BUT you can install this

https://market.android.com/details?id=at.abraxas.powerwidget.free&feature=search_result

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎2015-08-28 01:23 AM
Elite

the power control widget is no longer available BUT you can install this

https://market.android.com/details?id=at.abraxas.powerwidget.free&feature=search_result

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Elite

regarding internet connection you can double check the settings

settings -> wireless & networks -> mobile networks -> access point names -> menu -> add new -> enter all the data

you can google the settings

android apn settings + name of your network

Anonymous

thank you very much, tried both solutions and they worked 1st time

Elite

I'm glad its working now smile happy