Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

sony ericsson x10i

hey i have had the phone about a month now been working fine until today, it wont even turn on. the battery was half full and it just turned off and now wont turn back on well it trys to it vibrates! and thats it

any help welcome thanks

Oracle
suze

Re: sony ericsson x10i

First thing I would recommend trying is removing the battery and then reinserting it to see if this resets the phone.

If it doesn't then I think you will need to run a repair/reset via Sony Ericsson Update Service.  This will wipe your phone so I hope that your contacts are saved or synced so you don't lose them.

Anonymous(anon)

but what happens when the laptop wont pick up the phone all because the phone wont turn on. can this still be done repair/ reset

Anonymous(anon)

your phone is turned of when updating using SE update service, dont use PC Companion.

your phone should be charged to at least 50% so put it on charge, either through your computer or via  a wall socket for 30 mins just to make sure its got a good charge in it.

Anonymous(anon)

but when i try to charge nothing happens not even the little red light. it wont charge with the computer. the computer wont even pick it up when i plug the usb in

Anonymous(anon)

using  SE update service, the phone is off,  the software talks you through, asking what phone you have, it doesn't pick it up automatically, then it asks whether you would like to update or repair.

if your battery is full, then you wont have a light flashing at all, so perhaps the battery is full 100%, either this or your battery is broken.

Anonymous(anon)

i had the same problem with my phone and now it works!

The   problem: the phone was working just fine and suddenly it decided to   turn off by itself... when i tried to turn it back on nothing would   happen... no LED green, not even LED red...

it was Dead! i tried   to charge it but no green light so i was gettin frustrated... tried a   whole bunch of stuff but nothing worked. since the phone wasnt working,   when i plugged it in my computer nothing would happen... it wouldnt

see anything connected

The   Solution: i took the phone appart, took battery and sim off, waited  for  a good amount of time(i took a shower... but im thinking 1 ~ 10  minutes  shouhld be enough), then i put it back together and put it on  the  charger.

there was no Green LED light on yet... but i left it   there... after about an hour or so i tried turning it on and it showed   me the Sony Erickson logo and then it stopped there...

The  Continued Solution: i took the battery out so the phone can turn off  and i let it out for 5 seconds. then i put it back in and started pc  companion 2.0. went to support zone... then clicked on repair... and  then connected my

phone to the pc, the special way they want,  press the back key while putting the usb in the phone... it started  updating and now it works! im guessing it re-installed the firmware and  probably the OS!

try that out and i hope it works again :smileyhappy:

of course i lost pretty much every data on my phone... but i sync it once a week so i didnt loose much

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem with certain sim cards. I do not know why, but some sim cards seem to cause problems when switching on my mini pro.

I was able to switch it on without updating (no lost information, requiring backups and ...)

I was able to switch it on using:

First starting Sony Update Service,  then After holding back key connecting phone and Green light switches on,

Update  Service says Latest software installed. Close update service, open PC  companion. Disconnect and reconnect phone to mini USB.

SE PC Companion 2.0

Phone should switch on.

Update service is needed get the phone to switch on, but in my case only the green light appears, the OS does not load.

But, after I open PC companion, and disconnect and reconnect the mini USB, the phone switches on magically,

just like that

And, I am constantly being told, "there is no magic, there is no voodoo"

Anonymous(anon)

Phone overheated and failed.
Take it back to your supplier.

Anonymous(anon)

when i connect the phone using update service i comes up with

the product could not be identified

please disconnect it and try it again.

why is it doing this