Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

root access on Xperia X10

Hi,

First of all i Understand that this would potentially void my Warranty, but what if im Perfectly fine with that?

Is it possible to gain root privileges on Xperia X10 and / or flash modified System Images, lots of developers and Power users would benefit from that.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: root access on Xperia X10

I want that too, I need this for sure, because I want to get the most amazing phone !

Anonymous(anon)

I would also love to have root access on my phone.

We all understand that this would void our warranty, and are aware of the consequences.

Anonymous(anon)

+100 I am also agree void my x10 warranty in exchange for Root password!

LG has done it for their users and what we are worse?

To enable Superuser access (root) on your LG GT540:

- Turn on the device and click the icon to open the phone dialler
- Enter the code '3845#*540#'
- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'
- You will now be prompted for a password - enter :smileyworried:WIFT::GT540:
- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!
- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#).

Anonymous(anon)

+1 for me too, I completely understand the consequences about loosing my warranty and am willing to take the chance. a LOT of people are willing to switch from other phones to this one if it has root also. We don't want to modify or breach copyright at all, we just want to be able to fully customize Android to our choosing. It's open-source after all :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

i want to have root access too and further i agree that i need no warranty! i think SE can more phones sell with open OS and no restrictions ...

Anonymous(anon)

This is the first usefull Post here :-D + 100000 yes SE just give us Root access to the Device , if you only capble to bring a 2.1 Software Update after 1 Year the Device is released so at least just let us play with Root :-) Very interesting if someone from SE is able to Answer here not only with "Sorry no Root for you"

Anonymous(anon)

It's my second phone, and also my second sony ericsson phone, (fist was G502) and I see thant SE phone got some flaws that I can't see in others company phone (random reboot on g502 and on x10 too O_o)

And if I can't do on your(yes, you Sony Ericsson) android phone what everybody can do with their android phone, why should I keep this x10 ? Why should I trust you ?

Sincerly yours, Vilam

Anonymous(anon)

Yes ! I want that too. Give us some love....and access root :-P

Anonymous(anon)

root would be great, but SE spend to much time locking the phone down and pretend their useless Timescape and Mediascape Apps from being copied to other handsets, than fixing bugs.

I don't know why SE chose an open source OS and then rip all cool features of. They could have gone for Win Mobile oder Symbian.