Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

"Activity Camera is not responding" xperia x10 running 2.3.3

hi i bought my x10i off a friend, when i got it the phone it was running 1.6, before i bought the phone i checked to make sure everything was working and i can remember going on the camera and it was working fine. When i got home i updated the phone to the latest firmware which is 2.3.3 gingerbread, when i open the camera now, it looks like it is working but as soon as you click on settings on the left hand side an error message will pop up saying "activity camera not responding and 2 options "force close" and "wait". When you click "wait" and wait for a few secends everything looks like it is working but after a while the camera will crash again and the same error message will pop up. The same happens when you click on video, the screen will go black for about 10 secends and like the camera as soon as you click on one of the options on the left hand side the same message will pop up. I Have tried formatting my sd card, using a different sd card, reset all the setting, installed a fresh new version of android but the problem still exists what ever i do. On my last phone i used the camera a lot for bmx videos but the quality wasnt very good so the hd video on the xperia x10 soon got me interested, Its a real big let down as it's a right hassle to put it on. Ive used other camera apps from the market and they work fine but i still carnt find a video camera one so if you have any tips on fixing it or an app that i can record good video please comment. cheers

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: "Activity Camera is not responding" xperia x10 running 2.3.3

go to

settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> camera, clear everything and see if that works

Anonymous(anon)

Check this thread: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/119427

Look for a post by "Jules" that details like 10 steps to follow.

I had the exact problem you described, and this fixed it for me. Very frustrating that SE won't make a true correction.

Anonymous(anon)

I encounterted this error recently and upon following the article and the steps listed here..I no more have problems accessing my Xperia Camera

Click here to follow the article