Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

changing keyboard for texting on xperia x10

my son was playing with my phone and put a japanese keyboard to text with and i dont know how to change it back to the standard keyboad please help

Anonymous(anon)

Re: changing keyboard for texting on xperia x10

Press the symbols to the south-west twice, there is also a screw-driver and hammer key which is above the key of which you pressed twice. That is where you change input settings. You can choose from Standard or Android.

Anonymous(anon)

thank you soooo much its been driving me crazy for a few weeks now....

Anonymous(anon)

No problem, glad to help.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,. my keyboard is stuck on chinese layout and pressing or holding the symbol key just brings up the chinese keyboard settings, not the option of choosing the other keyboards

Also in locale and text there is no option to change the keyboard back to english what can i do, its driving me mad! Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

Press and hold for 2-5 seconds on the space where when you text it shows up before you send it. There it should have an option menu that will allow you to change settings. Choose Keyboard settings or Change Keyboard.

Anonymous(anon)

thanks. I was wondering how to do this as I made the mistake of switching to some horrible black keyboard.

gwhispererz

That horrible black keyboard should be the Android keyboard. :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Hey,

I just buy a Xperia x8 and it has a qwertz-keyboard (german keyboard). Can I change it to QWERTY??  Please help me. Im so frustrated :smileysad:

gwhispererz

Hi, refer to your other post, not sure if that is what you are looking for. http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/87379#87379