Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia x10 microphone problem

Hi,

I got my phone about two months ago, for the past few weeks I have been having problems with the microphone. When I call people sometimes everythings fine, other times I need to hang up and call again because they cant hear me. Sometimes I need to call 3 or 4 times until they can hear me. I took it back to the shop where I got it and they thought it might be a software problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also I have tried updating the software on my laptop and it doesnt seem to be working

Thanks

Demigod
Er.Kannan

Re: Xperia x10 microphone problem

Make sure that you are not cliking the mute button at the top right. Use headphones and try calling and check whether the problem occurs or not.

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, I bought the phone about 1 month ago, and i found the microphone same problem that you indicated. So I sent it back for repair, and after I got it back, I still found the problem was not fully fixed because I started experiencing the same problem. So I am gonna now send it back for another repair again or exchange with another phone which might be impossible. How did you manage to solve this problem?

Anonymous(anon)

Make sure you arent covering the microphone too.  It is on the left side of the phone (if looking at the screen), about 2/3 or so down from the top.

I sometimes put my finger over the mic myself, and the other person cannot hear me.  I kinda wish they had placed the mic in a different place. :\

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same issue with my X10. I've upgraded it to 2.1 and have issue when phone is in sleep mode (I have to leave it for 30 minutes). When I tried to call it then I don't hear anything. I found some kind of workaround for this issue: I have to press speaker button during a call with no voice and that fix my issue. This is not long term solution becasue I have to do It every time i leave my phone.

Is there any solution for that?