Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia locked to change service provider

Please, somebody can help me???

I have an Xperia X10 with Movistar in Chile, but now I want to use another  company, then I use the Movistar instructions with the IMEI in order to unlock my cell phone, but it's not working.
I upgraded my cell phone some months ago to version 2.3.3 (gingerbread), then I think that this upgrade is the problem, because I use the code that the web page give me, and the cell phone continues locked to use the other company.

Somebody knows what do I can do?????

Regards

Patricio

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia locked to change service provider

2.3.3 shouldn't be the issue, must likely they gave you the wrong PIN to unlock your phone. what happen when you use a different SIM card?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if you are unlocking your phone, might as well debrand it, this is how

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/139700#139700

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

ya sure you can unlock your sony ericsson mobile.....using the codes you can unlock it because its safe for your mobile......

Get the unlock code for your sony ericsson mobile from this site http://www.theunlockarena.com/sony-ericsson/rs13wp8/ , here it gives the easy methods to get the mobile unlocked.........

Forum Legend
uliwooly

those are great options and there are other websites like

davinciteam wotanserver etc but he can get it for free

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Can you please clarify what process you are taking and also what error message appears when trying unlock the device?

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

In the web page from my Service Provider (Movistar) I ask for an unblock code, then I type my IMEI number and the web page send me the code.
I type this code into my cell phone with a SIMM card from other Service Provider (Entel), but the cell phone shows me a message "Network cannot be unlocked".

One time poster
Lukito

I've sent my X10a to unlock and I believe they've tried the wrong code for 3 times or more... checking info at this code: *#*#7378423#*#*, it says that I have left 5, 5, 5, 5, and 0 (for SIM Card). My problem is, when I insert a different provider SIM Card, the cellphone doesn't ask me to insert the unlocking code... How could I solve this issue.