Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia X10 restarts itself

Hi everyone,

Lately, I have been bugged with the above mentioned issue. Occasionally, my phone will restart itself for no apparent reason. It occurs in quite a random manner. The only thing that i did lately to the phone is to upgrade the firmware to R2BA020. At first I thought the installation was not done correctly so I repaired it using PC Companion but still the matter persists. Have anyone faced similar issue or know how to solve it as its becoming rather irritating.

Regards

Justin

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia X10 restarts itself

A Software Update should help... Try to do it from the phone. Open Support Application and do it from there.

Anonymous(anon)

I'm having the same problem. Updated to R2BA026 3 days ago and it keeps restarting itself randomly. On occassion it has entered an endless cycle of continually restarting and the only cure is to remove the battery for 10 mins!! Tried to repair using the update service and nothing works. Any help or assistance will be eternally appreciated. Thanks.

Inhabitant
higwayman

would it be one of those free application that causes it?

worth trying one by one, starting with the task killers:smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

I am experiencing the same problem,

My sister got me a new SONY XPERIA X10 cellphone in QATAR just 3-4 days before. She did not use it much. And now she reported me a problem that the phone gets restarted whenever switched on. So she gave it to the shop where she got from. Is it a manufacture default, if yes than phone must be replaced, if no than what must be done. This is irritating and i am much eagerly waiting for the phone. And i did not expected this from SONY

Anonymous(anon)

Mine also does this.  I removed my task killer app and that has helped but I still get many restarts.  It is worse when connected to my car's bluetooth - driving to work I usually get about 3 restarts in a 30 min journey.

Another thing that seems to make the phone restart is if I recieve an email while connected to bluetooth - Is this a case of memory (ram) overload?

I used to have a N97 and this phone seems to be developing a similar list of problems / issues - why can't any phone manufacturer, other than Apple, make a phone that works??

I just want a phone that WORKS  but is not as restrictive as the iphone.

Anonymous(anon)

me too i experienced that after i updated my phone ,now i have the build number R2BA026 ,after i got that update one time while im using my phone it restart itself i dont know why.so disappointed to SE

Anonymous(anon)

I experienced the exact same thing after upgrading the SW. Sometimes it even goes into a loop of restarts that I can't stop. I just tried now removing the SD card as a test and it's been working fine ever since. Will keep it out for a while and see what happens. Sony Ericsson better find us a solution fast!!

Anonymous(anon)

The SD card thing didn't work. I also tried reinstalling the SW using the "update service" on the lap top where all these free applications that I had were deleted hoping that one of them was causing this, but it also didnt work and it's still restarting every now and then!

Anyone with a solution for this???

Anonymous(anon)

Quoted from others...

........" anyways, i found out that the problem was because of the faulty battery.  what i guess is that the voltage couldnt get to the requirements of the  phone, and everytime the sim radio (whatever its called) switched on,  the phone just turned off.

I reinstalled/repaired my phone many times, GOT the exclamation mark of  death one time also, but the phone just didnt turn on.

Later i noticed that the phone would just turn on itself when i attach  the phone to the charger, otherwise it wouldnt turn ON. So what i did  was just change the battery, and walla, the phone is ALIVE again.

Sim is working, phone is working.

BUT i see some signal losses from time to time, otherwise the phone is  good enuff.

FOR me , the change of battery did the trick, I hope it works for u guyz  aswell.......