Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia X10 restarts itself

This is my third and last post on this topic and this forum.

I came to sad realization that I can not trast my phone any longer. I visited my provider and paid CAD 200.00 for earlier contract renual to get a brand new phone. I took Samsung Galaxy S Infuse and very happy with it.

I will never buy SE phone again.

Sony Ericsson, shame on you!

A

Anonymous(anon)

unfortunately,

SE has subjected users and buyers of genuine SE phones to humiliation and monetary loss, as like many users i ve also suffered from the same problem,

I ve now : 1. xperia x10i which keeps rebooting itself as soon as any web service is on

2. xperia play : works fins as of now even after the updates

3. samsung galaxy s : which is now primarily what i use and works very well compared to SE phones.

only thing to noticable in all the experiences above is:

SE has not been able to provide solution which is customer requirement no.1

SE has been still supplying instruments with all its hardware below inferior to other samsung and HTC devices which can very well be considered outdated.

SE as a company with android line up of new series of phones will still continue to sell its low end phones in the market at above parity costs to its comptitors.

Soon enough customers liek me are going to realise this and switch over which i deem is the final solution to SE.

PS: I still believe beyond hope that SE comes up with some redemption for the issues raised here.

This is because although an oudated phone now my sony ericsson p900i works absolutely fabolouslyeven today. 

Anonymous(anon)

is there not something we can do about this?

so many people, all with the same phone and the same problems, its not exactly a cheap phone.

I am now stuck with 12months left to go on contract, got my X10i back today from it being "repaired"

I told them when i phoned them up i didn't want them to just update the software, i've waited all this time and thats all they have done, so angry.

Been using phone for 15mins and its crashed, all i was trying to do was look at a photo in the media gallery.  Got stuck in the reboot cycle, finally got it loaded up again, only to attempt to go on the internet and it crashed again.

Can't we contact some type of consumer complaints place about SE?

Anonymous(anon)

i have the same probem and wow no solution from SE ???????

dear sony ericson : you should remove the "Support" link and page from your website plz cuz there's no such thing called support in your dictionary ...

Anonymous(anon)

This phone is just a piece of crap-my wife got it for me at Christmas 2010...although I told her not to get it...I had my Iphone and was contented. Anyway, I never used phone until the middle of last year and right off the bat it was of course "restarting itself". I am certain that Sony was well aware of the fault on this garbage but internationally was to make market....well, Sony:smileydevil: your days are numbered and you've lost of good customers. Greedy bastards....we will stick will the Iphone.....

and yes I do something burning....

Anonymous(anon)

Yes...".Now Is time to boycott sony products" go Viral on facebook, youtube....twitter.......everywhere!!!  Even the BBB!!!!!

Anonymous(anon)

I love Xperia X10i. it was better than iPhone. its camera is superb its very fast and sexy looking. My camera was sony, my tv was sony, my gadgets are sony, my headphones are sony..........

I loved you Sony so much how can you do something like this with me? :smileysad:

I bought this X10evil i for £450.  it keep restarting when I use internet or browser and temprature shoots at 42C and here we go eooooooo

I was about to buy ArcS and now wondering what if its the same crap? SE is not telling any solutions!

I went to Pakistan and showed my mobile to repair shop thinking that he might wonder looking at my phone but he started laughing that I bought SE so I'm ddomed!

He checked it and told me its a battery problem on one side and phone is getting short circuit from inside. if he opens it he is 50% sure that he can fix it n I'm not ok with 50%. as cell is sealed so I'm about to sell it for £92.00 if I'm lucky I might get £100.00 from a person who just want good camera and to make calls cuz it only crashes on using packet data and gamming.

SE you broke my heart I will never buy your phone again! :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Sam . . I've been reading with interest about the same continueing problems with the X-10 which appears to be world-wide . . from England to Australia. I'm in Aust and mine has died after having the same issue's of heated battery and the restarting over and over problem. People are expecting quality answers to their questions and if you can only offer the "Party Line" of sending it in to be looked at, thats not being Fair dinkum about the underlaying problem of this model. All i'm reading from most is that after being checked and handed back to the owner, the problem still exists . . Whats that about. Are you just a website junkie being told what to reply with . . .

Anonymous(anon)

I think the X10i is a brilliant phone,very solid and robust.SE may have shafted users with no updates in the future,but since Ive rooted the phone,anything goes.The wife had the Arc for a couple of days but sent it back due to ridiculous heating up,and she didnt even take the Play one out of the box-so crap.

I dont know much about I-phones,but the Galaxy s2 looks the best all round one at present-thats what Id go for.....

Anonymous(anon)

Like my phone a software update will probably last only working for so long and the problem will only get worst. They should be recalling these phone for crying out loud. The problem obviously is in the phone recgnizing that the battery should be charging through the USB. It's a major manufacturing issue with these phones but naturally Sony is choosing to ignore it. This really is the last time I buy Sony. It cost me a lot to get this phone only to have it stop working in the same year I bought it and the problem ignored or masked behind some other reason. Give it a while and see... Your phone will sone not beable to charge or turn on and all you get is a flashing red light.