Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Adept
higwayman

Re: Xperia X10 restarts itself

Anonymous(anon)

Personally, I had tried to plug the power supply into the phone... it could stop the phone from restarting .... but the phone still restart when I use the brower to read some website....

Problem is still here.... probably it is the firmware problem on the power control / radio control ...?

Sony Ericsson !!!! Speak somethings!

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Guys,

I have learnt the lesson. SE has just hyped us to buy its phone. True, it was all fancy once with so-called ‘high-end’ powered phone. But when you review the top 5 or top 10 or even top 20 phones in the global market, Sony Ericsson does not come in any of these.

So please next time before buying phone, especially SE, wait and get the review before shelling out the money. Remember, this XPERIA phone is of same cost compared to all the leading smart phones.

HTC EVO the leading followed by iPhone 4G. Even Samsung is hitting in the top 10 list like Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Captivate, etc.

SE, known for it picture quality, I feel bad to take shots as every shots that I take gets blurred.

The drawbacks are huge in XPERIA. The most annoying is the Call-Volume. Phone not serving its BASIC FUNCTION.

Last but not least, the design of XPERIA is so cunning that they did not see the future. Today they hung their face and say that ‘I am sorry, XPERIA will not taste Android 3.0 onwards’ as hardware is incompatible. Lookout for HTC and Samsung and Nexus and Motorola, they are shining out in the market.

Where is SE in mobile industry?

Watch out in your next investment. Personal advice – research before investing.

Anonymous(anon)

Eventually, my X10 restart more frequent. Then I openned the back lid, and noticed there was some burnt smell inside my X10 (I still could turn it on, but it keeps restart)

Finally I took it to SE customer service center, they said they need 1~2 weeks to replace a defective component....

Seems, hardware problem.

Anonymous(anon)

same problem here... overheating and burn smell inside the xperia x10.. the problem can be reproduced by connecting the device to the charger and working on it while charging for less than 10 minutes.. the backside will feel hot and the phone will turn off... if you remove the back cover and battery you can smell the burning smell inside and the phone won't turn on again until you let it cool for a while.... SOOOOOO,,, we are facing a faulty hardware issue .

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem too. Whenever it tries to do something over wireless it crashes; either in call, or Edge or WiFi. If i remove the SIM card and keep the phone as is, its not restarting very frequently; though i did not observe for a longer duration here.

I have tried updating to latest firmware several times with no improvement. It is random though. Sometimes it takes 10mins; sometimes 5 secs and sometimes restarts go in a loop for a long time. Please suggest a fix for this SE. I love this phone and want to use it as much as possible. Ended up using the basic Nokia model till this is fixed :'(

Can someone from SE confirm/or comment on whether they have received this bug and if not note it down as bug and work on it? Please; I dont want to keep my phone idle for long time.

:smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

I believe it is not a bug.  Try to open the cover and smell it.... If you found a burnt smell, take it to SE for repairing.

Anonymous(anon)

i contacted SE support regarding the same problem and their official response is that we should stop charging the phone and send the phone for repair immediately. it seems the issue is a hardware problem that is starting to appear in many x10 units " although the official response said that it's not a common problem" i doubt it.

Anonymous(anon)

check under the cover

Anonymous(anon)

Bingo !!

I am not alone in facing this problem .....:smileycry::smileycry::smileycry: