Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia X10 Wi-Fi Error

I have been searching for 2 weeks now, my Xperia x10 is used for a bit now it was my uncle's. Since the day I got it when I try to turn on the Wi-Fi it say "turning on..." for about 10 secounds then it says "error", so far I have been looking for a solution. I went to a programer in my country (info at bottom) he updated the software and I thought that would fix it but so far no luck. I was told by a man that works with phones and he told me something about the  Wi-Fi chip. There is also a tiny problem with bluetooh getting stuck on turning off.

P.S. When I shut off the phone and turn it back on after around 15 min. I'am able to turn on the Wi-Fi for around 7 min. then it stays on but dosent work till  I turn it off Wi-Fi it turns off and then when I try to switch it back on.

Model Number: X10i

Build Number: 3.0.1.G.0.75

Baseband Version: 2.1.71

Android Version: 2.33

Please help, thank you.

gwhispererz

Re: Xperia X10 Wi-Fi Error

Hi, are you having same experience with other Wi-Fi Network? When did this problem start?

Anonymous(anon)

I went to my aunts house and same problem so I don't think it is my internet I can access my internet on my older phone Samsung Behold 2, the problem has been since I got the phone. The phone has also took alot of drops on the floor without any protection. The problem remains it will not switch on the Wi-Fi on the phone and I also found another problem when I put in my earbuds from Dr. Dre Beats Tour it does not work it just play out of the speaker and I also tryed the apple earbuds same problem. I had alot of fun with my sony products such as PS3, PSP... ect but this one is giving me lots of trouble I put alot of money into fixing it up and then what it has 3 problems. I have seen all over the internet that people having this problem and they go and replace it but since mine has been used and I dont have box or anything and in a far away country what should I do.

Hope that answers your questions. :smileysilly:

Oracle
suze

I had problems recently with my X10's wifi failing to connect and had to return it for a repair under warranty.  I am in the European Union which has a two year warranty period and I also had the original proof of purchase.  If the phone is still within the warranty period for your country and your uncle has the original purchase receipt then you could possibly get it looked at by a technician.  That said, if there are sign of poor handling (you say it had been dropped) then this would void the warranty.  The only thing you can do in these circumstances is pay for a repair or live with using 3G signal for accessing the internet.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

In regards to the Wi-Fi problem, I would advise doing as outlined by suze. For the headset issue you may not be aware that the X10 uses a different configuration of the headphone jack that these headsets support so you would need to use official Sony Ericsson headsets(I include the Ericsson as this handset was before the handover and over and not to confuse it with actual Sony headsets that may also not work.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

gwhispererz

If you are unable to resolve the problem with Software Repair (phone already running Android 2.3.3) , if it is not working since day 1, if you are unable to connect with any Wi-Fi Networks .... I believe it is a hardware issue, only way is to send it for repair

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the input but it is usless now my phone is fried my mother didnt check my pockets for my sweater and put it in the wash.