Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia X10 Mini Pro - PC Companion can't detect my phone via USB

When I insert the USB into my PC, and the Micro USB into my phone I hear a noise but no pop-up comes up on the phone asking me what I want to do. I usually get a list saying:

Transfer files

Install PC Companion

Syncronization

I hear a noise conformation from the phone that a USB device is in use, and the icon at the top but I don't get that list and PC Companion can't detect my phone through the USB. This was working just 20 minutes ago, but it isn't now?

Can anyone help me?

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia X10 Mini Pro - PC Companion can't detect my phone via USB

Make sure that you haven't made any changes in usb connectivity,mean your phone will  only be connected with your pc companion when you choose phone mode.

Anonymous(anon)

I had a similar problem with my X10 (the big one) - turned out to be something to do with the Nokia PC Suite I had installed on the PC - well, at least when I deep sixed the Nokia software the phone started working. So check if you've got something trapping USB events - e.g. some folks have complained that the iPod software does this.

Dumb question, but have you tried the usual work around (he says, blithely assuming that you've got a Windows PC) of trying a different USB port? I've had problems with a scanner getting recognized that moving to a different port sorted out fine.

Oh, and I've also had some issues with 3rd party microUSB leads - they seem to only be usable for charging.

HTH, Bob.

Anonymous(anon)

It's working now, when I had the problem I left it for a while and tried again and it worked :smileysilly:

Anonymous(anon)

Replux wrote:

It's working now, when I had the problem I left it for a while and tried again and it worked

Good news - wish that approach worked with the Contacts app on my phone. :smileysad: