Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: X10 Mini Pro: Battery draining in less than 24 hours?

Hi

where can i disable the background data??

Tkx

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Try   Settings ->  Wireless controls -> Mobile networks -> Data traffic (tick off to disable data traffic)

Demigod
KrazyD

Maybe you should give Juice Defender a try like Suze mentioned above.

Anonymous(anon)

hi there,

Tkx, i have found it, Definitions - Synch Data - Google Data - Background Data :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Dear gdburt,

Have you tried Airplane mode ? Or anyone has tried? I wonder hows the affect to battery life.

Keep on revealing the X10 mini pro guys...

Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

purchase x10 xperia with lost of problem

1 blue tooth not working p

roper

2. battery not working proper

3. update not done

4.modem not working

5. touch screen hang many times

6.you do not see call detail like call duration

7.you can not call to customer care no. 1800 11 1800 is always bussy

8. no one higher athority for this problem

9.you can not zoom camera

10.you need to purchase all software from market with xtra cost

11.wi fi rang is vey low

12. voice is vey low

13. you can not transfer your contect to sim

14. you can not see memory card folder

15.gps not working proper some time

16.your nearest service center not give answer abt x10 xperia

17.in short do not purchase any sony ericsson  mobile if you already purchase please go to customer help court and complain againt 

Anonymous(anon)

Re: purchase x10 xperia with lost of problem

This thread's about the X10 Mini Pro, not the X10.  Not sure if you just missed off the Mini bit, but I've heard that the large X10 is a bit rubbish, and has some issues that the smaller phones don't have.  I'll assume you meant the X10 Mini..

#1: Bluetooth problems are an issue with Android 1.6, not the phone itself (it'll work when it's upgraded to 2.1)

#2: Agreed, but it's bearable.  The X10 Mini (non-pro) doesn't have a battery issue - it has an incredible battery.

#3,4,5: Never experienced any problems.

#6: There are apps for call duration.

#7,8: Never tried calling support.

#9: Most phones only do digital zooms, which is just a crop and resize of the original image. You can get apps that can do this, if you really want to.

#10: Only if you use PlayNow. If you use the market, the prices are the same as for anyone else.

#11: Seems fine for me - same as my laptops.

#12: Never had a problem with this.

#13: You can transfer contacts. Not sure what else you'd want to transfer?

#14: Get a file browser app from the market. I use eStrong.

#15: GPS has worked fine for me so far.

#16: At least we have local service centres. Most manufacturers don't (but yeah - that would be annoying)

#17: Sony phones are usually ace! This is my 5th Sony phone.  If I got rid of my X10 mini for any reason, my replacement would be an X8 or a W995.  I wouldn't buy a large X10 (heard too much bad stuff)

Anonymous(anon)

I bought the full version of Juice Defender about a week ago, and it has improved things.  The phone still doesn't last more than about a day, but that's because I'm now actually using it!  I think the phone will probably last for about 2 days on very minimal use.

It still seems weird that the Mini Pro has a lower battery life than the X10 Mini (which has a slightly smaller capacity battery).. maybe it's an advantage of the built-in battery, or maybe the lower capacity batteries are higher quality.  Maybe we'll get a patch and it'll improve, or maybe not, but I'm happy with my X10 Mini Pros battery life now.  :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Re: purchase x10 xperia with lost of problem

Must confess that the battery life on the mini and mini pro is poor,  but there has never been and never will be a touch screen smart phone with great battery life.  This is due to the simple fact that smart phones do a lot, that is why they are smart!  Also, lets not forget that mini is going to have a smaller battery than other devices and anyone buying this phone is not for pratical reasons and so you can't criticise it for not being practical. Don't forget the beauty of using an Open Source operating system like Android is that you can customise it with these features yourself, thats what Market is for.  As for the other comments, please see below as I have been using mini/pro for months now and love it!

1 blue tooth not working proper - Bluetooth transfer is a stupid thing to miss out but its a limitation of Android 1.6, will come on next update but until then just download 'Bluetooth transfer' App from Market

2.  battery not working proper - If you want a good battery, dont buy a smart phone.  Get a £20 pre pay device or steal my old mans 6310i

3. update not done - Try again

4.modem not  working - If you want to Tether, download 'Easy Tether' from Market.  it's free

5. touch screen hang many times - If by hang you mean stick, then get an advanced task killer from MArket, when mine sticks its because I have far too many apps open and it's using all the juice.  touch Screen is ace!

6.you do not see  call detail like call duration - sure there is app for this

7.you can not call to customer care  no. 1800 11 1800 is always bussy - Try calling outside of peak times dude

8. no one higher athority for  this problem - In English???

9.you can not zoom camera - It's a mini Phone!!!!!!!!!!  The camera is amazing, digital zoom can be done afterwards.  Or again you can download Zoom apps if its so important.

10.you need to  purchase all software from market with xtra cost - 75% of Apps from Android Market are free

11.wi fi rang is  vey low - Never had a problem!

12. voice is vey low - What you talking about Willis?

13. you can not transfer your  contect to sim - We are nearly a decade past the old school format of saving stuff to Sim's, get with the times and back up to memory card or over the air service like SOny Ericsson Sync

14. you can not see memory card folder - Download 'ASTRO File Manager' its free

15.gps  not working proper some time - Never had a problem

16.your nearest service center not  give answer abt x10 xperia - Must confess I do not have a clue when it comes to service centres, because I have never needed them.

17.in short do not purchase any sony  ericsson  mobile if you already purchase please go to customer help  court and complain againt - Take your hate mail somewhere else buddy.  This for helping people who have genuine queries and want to improve their mobile life.

Anonymous(anon)

Well, my N95's battery would have been drained already and Xperia X10 is still working.

I always left the home with 1 extra battery for my N95.