Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

X10 Bluetooth pairing but not connecting

Hi all,,,

Yea I know .... your all getting fed up with questions about bluetooth connections but I cant find an answer to my issue so hopefully someone can help.

My x10 connected to my parrot (car)  no problem initially, and to my laptop,,, however now it keeps telling me its paired but wont connect. I know its definitely not the parrot as other phones are connecting to it no problem,,, (other x10s)  I upgraded to 2.1 and was assured by SE that this should solve the problem..... but it didnt. Ive also been advised to remove the battery and sim from the phone then replace them and that this would resolve the issue..... but it didnt. then i was advised to always have my bluetooth switched off and only turn it on when Im need it to connect,,,, tried this and waheyyyy it connected.... once!!!! and back to not connecting again.

Please please is there a solution to this as I do love my phone but its imperative that I am able to use it while in car due to the travelling I do for my job.

Lennie  :smileyconfused::smileyconfused::smileyconfused:

Anonymous(anon)

Re: X10 Bluetooth pairing but not connecting

same problem here mate ! i had another x10 which was facing the same issue i got a new one and still the same thing i think that its more likely a software problem tho ! let's hope we will find someway to fix this because it sucks that we cant use something we pay for ! :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

Yea,,, Im getting quite worried by all the negativity on the forums about the x10 but seriously this is the only problem I have with it so fingers crossed. Cheers for your reply kind sir :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

X10 has two separate settings in the bluetooth menu....one to turn on bluetooth.....this will pair your devices together.

The other setting is quite commonly over-looked.  DISCOVERABLE MODE

You must make your device "discoverable" or you can not actually connect anything to it (pairing is NOT connecting)...be quick, though.  it only stays discoverable for 120 seconds....after this if you have not connected the two you must enable "discoverable mode" again

Anonymous(anon)

Interesting problem have you attempted to master reset your Parrot bluetooth device? this will remove an previous connections on your bluetooth device and ensure the issue is not a result of a corrupt connection or conflict with a previously connected device, Normally the master reset instructions would be in the user guide for the bluetooth product or alternatively via the manufacturers support site.

Once you have completed the reset of the bluetooth device attempt to pair your X10 and test connectivity, if this does not provide a solution please post your bluetooth product model and manufacturer and i will see what additional information I can find.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, sorry its taken me so long to get back to you on this subject,,,, so far Ive been unable to find any information regarding how to reboot my handsfree kit :smileyangry:

Its the Parrot MKi9000 kit I have,,, it did connect no problem initially but now shows "paired but not connectin".... Ive tried just removing the battery from kit for a while, didnt work, Ive tried removing the battery and sim from phone,, didnt work, Ive made my device discoverable, Ive unpaired it,,,, all good advice from fellow users but none of them working for me. This has been ongoing before I updated to 2.1

Please help me sort it if you can or Im going to have to put out money on a different handset

Many thanks

Helen

Community Manager
Johan

I can see that Parrot has listed the phone as compatible with your Parrot device so we would have to believe that it's also compatible with the phone using Android 2.1.

I suggest that you try to reinstall the phone software using PC Companion.

www.sonyericsson.com/pccompanion

If the problem remains I suggest that you contact Parrot support to check if they have made any tests with X10 using the 2.1 system or if they maybe have any application you could install on the phone.

Anonymous(anon)

Try below:

1. go to bluetooth settings on phone

2. Find your  device

3. Keep pressing on display

4. On the appeared menu choose "dispair"

5. try to serach again your device and pair it again . Should work.

Anonymous(anon)

Guess i am aprroaching too late...
Even i am facing the same problem....sort of......earlier i cld easily transfer all my files frm my PC to my Xperia X10 but now it says "Abort FTP operation"....."No services found"....
i even opted fr Factory Reset but all in Vain.....
Cld anyone plzzzzzzz come to my rescue.....:-D

Tnx,.