Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Won't recognize SIM card or Charge Battery

Last week I went into Roger's because my charger wasn't working, my phone wouldnt charge and so they sold me a new charger.

Now my Xperia won't recognize my SIM card and when I plug in my phone instead of charging the battery it drains it. I checked the spots I read about above the camera and on the battery and the one above the battery is still red and spotted and the one on battery is white. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you!

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: Won't recognize SIM card or Charge Battery

I suggest you take it back to Roger's and get them to sort the problem out.

Trustee
Annie

Please try the following steps and let me know what happens: ( I suggest you use another battery as your battery must be at least 50% charged)

1 - Remove your SIM card from your phone.

2 - Install and download the SE PC Companion 2.0 from the following link:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/pccompanion/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

3 - Click the start button in Suport Zone, then Software Update.

4 - Follow the steps of the installer.

5 - When finished reset the phone, and wait for it to start.

6 - Turn off your phone.

7 - Insert your SIM card.

8 - Try to turn on the phone.

9  - When turned on, if there is no signal, perform a hard reset by holding the middle button on the bottom, and then press and hold the on/off button on top and  wait for phone to vibrate.

10 - Release the buttons, and wait.

The above steps should repair the phone.

Anonymous(anon)

I've done it with under 50% battery...not a good idea to leave your phone like this, but as long as you run SEUS again a second time after your phone has charged a bit (assuming running it the first time solved the problem lol) then you will not have any issues.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks everybody for your help. I have my phone registering the SIM card now but are there any tricks to making the battery last longer?

Community Manager
Johan

Here's some tips on how to improve your battery time.

Dimming the screen.
If you are in an area without coverage or with less coverage, your phone repeatedly searches after
available networks. This consumes power. If you can not move to an area of
better coverage, you can temporarily turn off your phone.
Turn off 3G, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection when you do not need these features.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster

This didn't work