Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

What is the difference between the xperia x10 and x10i?

I know it is probably something simple.  Yet I am not too sure the difference between the two.  My first thought is that one is a US version and the other international.  I just wanted to check and see the difference. 

Anonymous(anon)

Re: What is the difference between the xperia x10 and x10i?

I know these two modes, X10a is only for American and X10i is international model. I'm not sure the difference but I think It may difference on 3G network(UMTS) frequency.

X10a = 850/1900 3G band.  This works in Canada Rogers and AT&T (USA)

X10i = Pretty much your international unlocked phone.(I just looked at  my box)  It works on UMTS Bands (1/4/8) in most europe, asia, africa,  middle east & USA's T-mobile, Canada Wind.

Anonymous(anon)

I am in the US and just bought this(x10i) phone yesterday.  Now I am not with Tmoblie. Now I have found out that my phone company/provider gets their phones from Asia, UK etc.  So, tech support sometimes has been a problem for me.  I found out the hard way with my LG.  No one could answer my questions. I am so glad I found this forum to help.

So, since mine is the international version is things on it that will not work here in the US?  I know my internet service it Edge not 3G, so that could be a big difference I take it.

Anonymous(anon)

Hey guy, I dun know about to use the X10i in USA but some of the Europe can use X10a. I know only the difference of network. Sry guy! I think the other guys can be helped this problem. Thank you!

Anonymous(anon)

There are 3 versions of this phone, x10, x10i and x10a check which version you have by doing the following

Press the centre home button so the screen lights up but do not unlock it, then press the left menu key and right back key in the sequence below, slowly not too fast.

Menu Back Back Menu Back Menu Menu Back

(wait a few secs) then tap
Service Info -> Model Info

It will tell you

The make

The country

The Brand

Let us know what it says

To exit out just press the back button until you get to your home xcreen

Anonymous(anon)

Okay, it states

x10i

France

Customized FR

Anonymous(anon)

Not sure about all the US networks but

x10i using 3g band 900/1700/2100
x10a using 3g band 850/1900/2100

Tmobile  USA uses 1700mhz

AT&T USA uses 1900mhz

It depends on your provider which phone will work on 3g otherwise you will be using EDGE, you will also get the 2.1 update when France gets it not when the USA get it

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you.  My service provider uses Edge, so no 3G here.

You answered another one of my questions.  I was just going to ask if I would get an update when US or France got theirs.  So, any news of where the updates will start?  What regions and countries?

Anonymous(anon)

My phone also from France but I'm not. You means when update is coming in France, I'll also get even I'm from other country. right?

Anonymous(anon)

SE will do a phased role out of the software

A software upgrade roll-out is similar to a normal product launch, i.e. it is rolled out in a phased manner as the software kits are completed and approved.

This is due to global and local type approvals and network testing and the same apply for a software upgrade

From the end of October you will be able to get the new software on a market by market basis.

So your phone will be updated based on the version of software in your phone, if you have an Unbranded Asian phone in the USA, you will get an update when an Unbranded Asian software "pack" is released,

if you have an Unbranded French phone in the USA, you will get an update when an Unbranded French software "pack" is released.

If you have a TMobile UK branded device in Canada, you will get the update when TMobile UK approves approves it

SE wont say where the roll out will start but you will find out from here when it does as people will announce when they have it.