Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Unable to install non-market apps, including SonyEricsson's backup and restore-any ideas?

On Xperia X10, AT&T

This is quite frustrating...have been following the instructions in the user guide to the letter, I can download but can not install SE's Backup and Restore:

'Installing applications from unknown sources':

Settings>Applications

Mark the Unknown Sources checkbox.  ---This Unknown Sources checkbox does not exist on mine---

In addition, after I download and click, I receive the 'Install Blocked' error message AND ---The only option to click is 'OK'; there is no setting button displayed on this error message---

Any help here will be appreciated, thank you!

Demigod
sushidushi

Re: Unable to install non-market apps, including SonyEricsson's backup and restore-any ideas?

The 'Unknown sources' box is certainly available on the software produced by Sony Ericsson, but I suspect that this is something that AT&T have tinkered with and removed from 'their' phones.  I don't think that there is a lot you can do about it.  I have seen various messages on here (largely in the thread about the update to 2.1 in the U.S.) about debranding the phone, but that would be at your risk, and it wouldn't be for me to recommend it...:smileyhappy: