Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

PC companion for linux

Has anyone been able to sync your X10 within ubuntu or any linux distro?

I use mostly linux because of my work and would be much easier if it existed an installer of PC companion for linux.

I know virtualization is always an option, but I'd rather run it natively.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: PC companion for linux

Hi, I'm trying to install it through Wine on Ubuntu. There are some display bugs and I am stuck on the instalation of the MTP support.

It seems that the PC companion is really Microsoft-linked!!!

Anonymous(anon)

It doesn't work with Wine. I've written a tutorial on how you can install PC companion in ubuntu using VirtualBox.

http://hannacam.net/tutorials/ubuntu/how-to-install-sony-ericsson-pc-companion-on-ubuntu-10-10/

Hope it helps :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Comeon Sony!

You can get a Linux OS running on your custom built hardware but you can't build a cross platform desktop application?

Are you too cheap?

Are you making a political statement?

Are you being paid by Microsoft to only support their OS?

There are literally thousands of open source applications which you could draw code from and hundreds of tutorials explaining how to build cross platform software.

You are really making your hardware platform look half baked with this ridiculous decision to only build desktop software for a competitors platform to manage your Linux based phone.

So much for embracing the open community ethos.

But as you are Sony and given your position on the Playstation alternate OS I guess we should just stay away from your products completely if we want you to get the message?

Anonymous(anon)

A shame.

Do you SE guys have cars that only work with BP oil ?

Do i have to pay a 200€ computer licence just to update a phone ?

This story makes me think of a well-known-widely-used-powerfull-cross-platform framework for application development named Qt. Who owns it ? Oh yes, Nokia..

One time poster
vrij

I have Ubuntu 12.04 installed on my system.

I have installed virtualbox emulator and installed Windows XP, which I had purchased almost a decade back!

On this I have installed the Sony Mobile PC Companion.

xp-3.png

One time poster
rogerio.soares@hotmail.com.br

work!!!

One time poster
alignayv@gmail.com

Aunque hablamos lenguas distintas, concuerdo contigo, Sony debe presentar un proyecto de PC Companion para linux, este sistema operativo ya es de uso masivo, hasta el propio Android es un Linux, el soporte deberia ser obvio.

One time poster
Solanki

i have also installed the same in virtual box but still i am unable to connect my phone. can any one help me pls???

One time poster
preburn

use the air droid app 

http://www.airdroid.com/

You just have to connect phone and pc to the same network