Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: My Xperia X10 won't turn on only the red light is blinking

You can check this post and try the steps I did. It worked for me! I personally don't like paying off these service center guys without any genuine problem.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/167329#167329

Anonymous(anon)

Whenever you charge your phone the red light blinks. I had the same problem. Well let it blink. Connect your phone to the charger and let it blink. Charge it for 1-2 hour the red light will stop blinking and you'll get a constant red light. This means your phone is charging. Nothing is broken just a minor software issue. CHARGE YOUR PHONE TO DIRECT AC SUPPLY FOR 1-2 HOURs.

Your phone will start like mine just did.

Anonymous(anon)

The solution is here: read the post of user: ofdrm

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/167329#167329#167329

Re: Xperia X10 mini pro would not charge. Pls help.     

A solution that works!

First of all, I'm surprised SONY guys don't have anything to say about it. There are hundreds of people facing this issue .

I had the same problem last month. I took it to SE authorized service center and they charged me 650 INR for replacing the charging port and some 'micro-component'. I knew they were bullshitting me, but I had no choice . They fixed it and it worked fine for a few weeks and the same problem happened again. One night I left the phone on at around 12% with Background Data checked and next morning battery was dead. My Phone wouldn't start and when I put it on Charger, the red light kept blinking. After a lot of surfing on internet I found out the possible cause could be that the battery is so low on charge that it's not able to light up the screen and display SONY logo and the battery icon while charging it. So, it goes cyclically and never wakes up.

Solution

The only way of solving it was to charge it externally. You can do that using external battery chargers or by charging it externally via any USB cable (it can be the cable of your external HDD, a spare mobile charger, a mouse... anything). See how it is done here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtv7qKf8tQ

I first tried the steps shown in the video and it worked!! Then for future, I got one external battery charger for $5 or 250 INR approx.

Lastly I'd like to say, a lot of people tried a lot of things and they got success. So, I'm not sure what will work. You should try as much solutions as you can. For me, the above process worked fine.

Anonymous(anon)

GUYS you just need to charge it.......battery is dead.....if you don't get battery charged it will turned off..........so everyone knows that microprocessors take every action with thousands of scripts (commands) so when you turn it on scripts are working,,,,,and until you shut down that microprocessors they will sending and receiving scripts again and again and again.....until they haven't enough energy to run it.....so script shutting down microprocessor automaticlly.....xperia is android....so it have microprocessor what have automatic commands.That means every second xperia is doing something.....checking files or something like that.......because of that it is fast phone......then you try to figure it out how computer is better.....because of that it must be turned into energy every second.......just for one letter computer send and receive about 7 thousand scripts

One time poster
asianllama

Hello ! well , i charged my x10 for 2 hours and tried turning it on but the red light just flashed faster .. i charged it again for another 2 hours but still flashed red , then i took the battery out for a few seconds while the charger was still in and then insserted the battery back in , left it for about 5 minutes and then attempted turning it back on , still flashed red .. Its been like this for the whole day now and every now and then , the screen shows the words ' Sony Ericsson ' and then blanks out and flashes red again .. dunno what to do , someone help please ? thanks

One time poster
sechristmas

It is a very common problem for these phones. Everyone said it was my battery. I bought a new battery and still had the same problem. I just bought an external charger and have two batteries. This is the only solution short of getting a different phone which I WILL be doing.

One time poster
partwomanpartmachine

I've had this happen to me a few days ago whilst in hospital (the worst place to be without a phone!), and being a technophobe didn't fancy trying to rectify it myself but didn't want to shell out on a new phone or repairs either, so I searched the net and found you guys!

I followed pjsavalia's experience, posted on 3 Sept 2011, and gave it a go as this seemed the least of the solutions offered on various sites. This worked perfectly for me, too. First, I had to install the latest edition of Sony PC companion. Next, I plugged in my usb cable first to the computer then the phone. FInally I clicked 'repair phone' on the PC companion. When that had completed doing its 'thang' I unhooked the usb from the phone end, waited five seconds, then whilst holding down the 'back' button re-plugged it in. The flashing red light started up again but I ignored it and on PC companion I clicked 'update phone' then walked away. Four hours later I had 54% charge and a healthy orange charging light!

I'm well made up as I love this phone and was depressed at having to buy another.  

One time poster
rupok

Don't worry at all. Janjala said the perfect solution:

yes, put it on charge(but not on computer) and wait about 15-20 minutes.

It worked for me :smileyhappy: I just connected the charger and waited for 5 minutes. Then it became normal and my phone booted up normally. Don't waste your money before trying every possible legal solutions.

GPGon

If your phone is doing this either call Sony  +1-877-7XPERIA (1-877-797-3742) and explain what is going on. You're going to need the info from the pull-out tab found in the SIM/SD bay. It will take a few weeks and some Shipping money. OR your provider will probably replace it for free if you can get it to fail infront of them. (PROTIP: Let it die while using it and do not plug it in for a while)

Your phone will very likely get worse until it fails completely. My experiance is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43383759#post43383759

Your phone SHOULD charge like everyother phone. If it is acting funny get it replaced ASAP