Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
an2ny79

Re: My Xperia X10 won't turn on only the red light is blinking

Ok saw this MythBuster's episode "Battery Balony" and the verdict:  Do battery really last long when put in the freezer, BUSTED!

Demigod
sushidushi

That said, I live in Canada and Sony Ericsson is based in Sweden, so I suppose the phones are able to cope with getting a bit cold...:smileyhappy:

One time poster
an2ny79

Yeah, but we must remember that heat is every device's nemesis (except OVEN TOASTER of course, I'm talking about electronics here :smileysilly:).  The colder the better..That's why computer crashes specially when overheating.  Same thing applies with handheld phone.  That's why no mobile phone ever produced in hëll :smileydevil:

Anonymous(anon)

Alright where can I start... 3,5 weeks ago my X10i gave an android.error and quit... didn't start again and I got the red light flashing. Called t-mobile and send my phone for repairing. Last tuesday I got my X10i back. "part replaced" was the message. It functioned again, acted a bit strange as usual but it functioned. Yesterday I went home from work and I put my X10i in my pocket. When I got home I took the phone out of my pocket and noticed it was turned off... nothing weird because almost everytime I put it in my pocket I have to enter my sim-code when I get it out............ or it is turned off.... But this time it wouldn't turn on... AGAIN!!!!! frustrating........     I am now going to try to get a brand new phone because I think my phone has an major production error...  or does anyone have some good advice?

One time poster
an2ny79

Sent you reply on your post just a while ago..

Anonymous(anon)

ya i too hav d same exact problem..i cant find a solution till now.....do u got any suggestions?..pls help me too..pls...

Anonymous(anon)

OK ALL< THIS IS THE FINAL VERDICT:

I have had this problem for a while now, but got worse over time and suspect that it originated since last update to 2.1... so SE, PLEASE FIX BEFORE YOU RELEASE YOUR next UPDATE since it will be your last apparently.

I have downloaded the full schematics, researched the charging chip.  And my conclusion which is pretty accurate giving that I am trained in electronics, but cannot pin point yet.  But the scoop is this:  If you get an external charger ( a universal charger ) not plugging it into phone but rather plugging in your battery, it fully charges and your phone will not shutdown.   the battery now hold it's charge.. so either they messed up a driver for it, or something wrong with the hardware.  funny thing is, after I plug the charged up battery, boot up phone, it shows as battery being empty, 2% and still showing as dead... same problem we have been having, but listen, unplug the batter again, and bootup, voila!!!! it is now fully charged.  Now how can that not be a hardware or firmware issue... SE PLEASE PLEASE man up to this and LISTEN to what we are saying to you.  You just cost me near another 100$ for extra battery and external charger, you won't man up to your mistakes and we (I) have been doing your troubleshooting for you... You should pay attention if you won't pay for our repair.  MAN up or loose many unhappy customer, I myself have been using a Sony phone or device for many years now and will stop at a flash of a light if you don't listen and pay attention to us.  Please hurry with this awaiting update so we can finally see if you have a hardware to callback or it was your last update.  Hopefully thanks and hope this fixed all of you with this issue as a bandaid solution for now.

oh yah!!! and ps... after second time placing battery in, I tried to charge the normal way again, and now shows has charging... it didn't show has charging just prior to changing the battery, booting, showing dead, removing battery again, then phone showed this time as fully charged.  so don't tell us you don't have a hardware issue nore a firmware.  now my phone has no more warranty and lost many information since your dumb techs told me to reset the phone 3 times, even uninstalling sony pc companion, which is something "some" of your techs are telling us not to use, but use the update software... so training your personel properly and LISTEN.!!!!!!!!

Anonymous(anon)

hi, hope you found it by now, if not, please read my posting.. it fixed it for me ( bandaid solution ) but you will need to purchase an external universal charger and second battery if you want your phone always on since external means you take out the battery and place it in external charger.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi..this is Parikshit here ...

i had updated my xperia x10 to gingerbread using sony Ericsson PC companion.

after the update my phone kept on rebooting whenever i was typing a msg or something..

so i had decided to repair my software and therefore i was backing up my SMSes and the battery at dat time was around 3% and the suddenly the phone switched off and didnt start again..it kept showing me red LED light flashing as mentioned by others too...i didnt want to go to service station as they charge a lot for software upgrade[around 350 INR]...so i researched a lot on net and learning from peoples xperiences i charged my phone on charger for a whole day or so.. but then too it didnt work neither my PC would detect it...nor would it get heated up a bit dat usually occurs when charging...suddenly i again tried charging after a few days and it showed Continuous red LED light meaning it was charging and then i used the REPAIR software option of PC companion to revive my phone..Yahoo...and i have got it back....the repair failed twice but then i uninstalled my PC companion , Downloaded new PC companion for xperia x10 and utimately it worked and then my phone came to life after about a week...and i am really very very happy to have it again...no need for SEUS or Setool like softwares guys....PC Companion by Sony ericsson is Cool and userfriendly dats all you need..(and lots of patience too):smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

No need for buying a new battery too...how is it possible for battery to expire in one single day..like one day its working and the next day its dead...battery efficiency usually decreases gradually.....atlast thanx everyone for posting your xperiences..it helped me a lot..:-)

Anonymous(anon)

I've got the blasted red blinker too. Already replaced my charger 2months after buying the phone. Because wires that connect to the charger head were obviously broken inside, where the micro-usb head attaches to it. Until it died completely, i had to hold the wire at a 90 degree angle to the phone. Plus the actual socket does not seem to be tight enough around the head. So after replacing battery and charger, i thought i'd got it sorted. Until last nite, 2 and half months after new charger- it now will not charge at all. The charger works fine on our other phone but not on mine. it won't even connect to pc, and that cable has never been used. Somebody please help, I need my phone- and I'm starting to get disappointed with the amount of cash I paid for mine (not free as PAYG)