Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: My Xperia X10 won't turn on only the red light is blinking

To know the estimation of my X-10 mobile repairing,my mobile was forward to Chennai Level 4 service center. And after 3 weeks they come up with the unexpected solution to replace the motherboard which will cost me around Rs.14,000 /-. 

Any one can suggest me what all option do i have to make it work.

Regards

Ashish

Anonymous(anon)

Mine is doing the same thing, really irritating . SE please comment on this issue, to many of us has this problem, the phone is on the blink, I didn't get the x10 to watch a red light blink. If we know what the problem is we can get it fixed, started to have issues with 2.1 upgrade.

Anonymous(anon)

STOPPPP STOP STOP STOP

i'm gonna tell you a story

there ones was a teenage girl that was studying in the kitchen, she wanted to charge her phone

because naturally studying so hard she didint see it run out of battery haha

when she plugged it , a red light flikerd if she tried to turn it on

WTF??

2hour later she got fed up and the phone got "lost" in the freezer.

Her mom got it out later that day and plugged it to charge

TADA it worked.

the phone charged perfectly.

a friend of mine also had the same problem and couldn't charge his xperiaX10 for months

so i put his Battery (cause i know that putting the phone in too is stupid--') in the freezer for an hour, took it out, plugged it and miraculouslyy turned it on.

as easy as that =), I hope that urs will work again :/ good luck.

gwhispererz

er .... why not just get the battery replaced since it is faulty? anyway, hope that it can perform throughout it's full 'life cycle'.

By the way, good info :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem with my Xperia x10i. It won't turn on just a red light bliks. Even its not detected by my PC on connecting with my PC. Does anybody have some solution for this problem?

One time poster
an2ny79

When it comes to hardware failure, it's highly suggested to send it to service center for repair and enjoy the benefit of warranty.  If you opened your phone or asked unauthorize service personel to fix it for you, then you have just voided the warranty.

Motherboard failure is part of warranty.  The service center will need to verify first if you tampered any seal or if there's a trace of misuse.  If none, you would receive your phone with new motherboard in it.

Again, Hardware failure can't be fixed in this forum because it needs physical contact and testings which can only be done by authorize service crew.

One time poster
an2ny79

Oh another tip,

if you rooted your phone and need to send it to service center, make sure to install back the original SE ROM.  It's part of warranty stating that installing non-SE ROM will void your warranty.  This is true if they caught you :smileydevil:

Demigod
sushidushi

I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to do what the girl in stephanie789's story did and put their phone in the freezer! If switching the phone off and back on, giving it a good charge, or repairing the software don't work, just send it back under warranty.  Don't mess up your warranty by doing anything that might cause the phone physical damage...

One time poster
an2ny79

Hahaha.. well, it's kinda funny to hear such urban legend.. I should have sent that to MythBusters to put it to the test :smileylaugh:

Myth: "Iced age SE Phone"

One time poster
an2ny79

Wait wait wait.. I think I saw one in MythBusters testing a myth that if you are low on battery, put it in a fridge and it will preserve and prolong the charge.. If I wasn't wrong, they say it's plausible.  Im currently checking my Mythbusters collections to watch it again..